+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rest next week 😂

Rest next week 😂

3rd or 4th makes no big difference.

Players are tired after Tuesday/ Saturday for last few weeks

We know our best team now after St Mirren match and recent run of form.

Thanks to the good lord 96th minute goal in Inverness we are now in the play offs

I say next week let’s play some kids and let the first team squad have a rest - treat it a bit like Cowdenbeath at home in the fizzy pop.

Let’s see if any of Christian Dailly’s kids fancies a game

I hear what your saying but there is also the psychology of the game. Weakened team or not, if we beat them it will play on the minds of at least the fans if and when we get past Dunfermline to face them in semi.

Do we not also get more money for finishing third?

Besides Csaba already said in post match QOS game that he will play his best team. F@ck knows what that is!

Mentioned this scenario on a thread last week. Play the young anes and fringe players.

We saw at Hamilton last season the team had run out of puff. Are we seriously going to pass on the opportunity for a rest and recharge so we can play one of the legs away from home first? It would make sense to play players like Fraser and Moshni who haven't played much football this year but most of the players need the rest.

Need a rest u joking need a kick up the arse more like there attitude is atrocious

United players had a rest at Dumbarton few weeks ago and at Queens yesterday why do we need to rest them? This lot have never played a game for a full 90 minutes for years, sadly we have 1 game off the season left, we have a manager who has no idea what his best side is all he does know is he plays a 4231 formation but doesn’t matter what player plays in any position.

The team will be picked out a hat, same as every other week😑

We must secure third place. This will guarantee a reasonable home gate. If we finish fourth and play the away game first, this could see the seagulls outnumbering the home fans for the return game.

Ouch!!!! Sorry that was my tongue piercing my cheek!

I’d say csaba does know his best team now or at least he should do.

I’d actually say we are better 4th place than 3rd.

Have the Home leg first and then chance to get a lead that can then look after in second leg

Putting aside the jokes about our 'quality', in all seriousness game management for this next period needs put in place. Dunfermline still need a result next week, we don't. Therefore, they will be putting out their strongest team, we don't. I agree that now, 3rd or 4th is pretty irrelevant. We'll carry a big support down to East End Park.

Priority number one I would suggest is that Mehmet stays clear of injury, therefore I would bring back Lewis next week for one match. Guys like Durnan and Edge who need game time should play, plus the likes of Matty Smith and Fraser who definitely needs 90 mins under his belt. Other older guys like Flood and McDonald most certainly should not play next week.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)