+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rest next week 😂

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    What is the underlying feeling on inconsistency? squad tampering, formation, players out of position, tactics, lack of depth or simply poor players? My only positive thread is that we may be up for the play offs and play our best football. Head says we could go into a game against ICT or DAFC and get gubbed. Is it a case that players can be affected by pressure and apathy across club and support alike??
    Hard to tell from here. I suspect CL can't motivate, with the added possibility the players think he's a dick.
    Yet the players have shown in spells that they can perform.

What is the underlying feeling on inconsistency? squad tampering, formation, players out of position, tactics, lack of depth or simply poor players? My only positive thread is that we may be up for the play offs and play our best football. Head says we could go into a game against ICT or DAFC and get gubbed. Is it a case that players can be affected by pressure and apathy across club and support alike??
    First and foremost, the players really have to take a look at themselves as that is where the biggest issue lies. MM hinted at it when he took over and i think he has allowed Shabba a bye because of them. Shabba does have to carry some of the blame but my thoughts on the players cloud my judgement.

Recruitment has to be in there as well. Im not sure if i said it at the time, but i certainly thought at the start of the season that a squad of 18 was never gonna be enough. Remove your best 2/3 midfielders and it all fell apart while the defence has never been settled all season.

The biggest one for me though is the apparent terms of the deal that brought us a keeper that we could not afford to drop!

I dont know enough about the unrest being caused in the squad, but surely that is a factor!

I feel that the players as a group are split into two or more camps.

I also believe that as a group they are even more prone to go into their shells and play as individuals if they come up against a challenge on the pitch.

Add to it the fact that a lot of them are out of contract at the end of the season, I believe they aren't really committed in any real way to the club, the squad etc. They will likely all have an eye on where they will next be able to get a contract. Little to no commitment to United or the squad as a group.

When were playing decent we've shown we can grind out these 1-0 wins and look comfortable with it. Problem is when were bad we're 3, 4 sometimes 6 goals down bad.
    Never say never but these playoffs look near impossible for this bunch of players.

To get through the playoffs we'll probably need 6 consistent performances on the spin. There's almost no chance of that with this set of players.

If Flood, Mohsni, Ralston and McMullan can hit a run of form for the play offs we have a chance.

Also, Gillespie has looked good in the last few games.

McDonald has an important role to play - but I think he works well being a super sub.

Mehmet has also looked decent in goals.

So, if the above players can find their mojo and produce their best performances of the season during the play offs we have a good chance - but only if they are all firing on full cylinders.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Briels as well is in a category of players needing game time.

We save money giving Lewis a game. No danger that Csaba doesn’t realise Deniz is now first choice

Edge can do a shift and would probably suit against physical Livi

Would be madness not to rest most of the first team.

Csaba was complaining after QOS that team were tired. Here is chance to give most of first team another week off and rest up for when it matters
    Briels is starting for the U20s.

Donaldson, Zata, Ritchie, Briels, Bollan, Edjenguele, Smith, Slater, Lyng, Glass, Chalmers.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    I feel that the players as a group are split into two or more camps.

I also believe that as a group they are even more prone to go into their shells and play as individuals if they come up against a challenge on the pitch.

Add to it the fact that a lot of them are out of contract at the end of the season, I believe they aren't really committed in any real way to the club, the squad etc. They will likely all have an eye on where they will next be able to get a contract. Little to no commitment to United or the squad as a group.
    Agree there is a split - poss more than two. But its the team committment thats very much lacking. Moshni, Gillespie, ralston, Mcmullan, Durnan, King, Fraser playing well poss even Flood as a last cameo and some goals from MCD we could win some games in play offs. Ana fit Briels would be nice.

Briels will certainly make a difference, thought he looked good early season, we have had ridiculously bad luck went injuries this season

Quote Originally Posted by Logie_Arab View Post
    Briels is starting for the U20s.

Donaldson, Zata, Ritchie, Briels, Bollan, Edjenguele, Smith, Slater, Lyng, Glass, Chalmers.

Lyng made it 1-0 first half, Ritchie 2-0 after half time, they got one back with twenty mins to go, was still that score with ten to play last I checked

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)