+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Rest next week 😂

Quote Originally Posted by bobafett View Post
    Astounded that you boys would rather see Murdoch at LB than Robson.
    Need to agree with this. I'd rather have a natural left back any day and Robson's form has improved dramatically lately.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Need to agree with this. I'd rather have a natural left back any day and Robson's form has improved dramatically lately.
    I only saw him v Brechin recently and i have to say i wasnt that impressed as he didnt look to be a natural defender, never mind LB. Doc on the other hand didnt look too out of place for being a right footed LB and for me is the better option just now.

To me he just doesnt look bothered, maybe because he has his future sorted elsewhere.

So we play Saturday, Tuesday, Friday, Monday, Friday,Thursday, Sunday.
    Ffs rest on Saturday.

No thought given to the costs of attending all those games by the people who arranged these fixtures.

Where do they think the fans get the income to attend all these games within such a short time frame ?

Between me and the young lad, i was the best part of £300 for tickets and travel last year.

Not that I would have cared if we made it up, but its definately not easy for us all to afford it.

These games should be reduced cost, or the least the clubs can do is honour Season Tickets for them.

Just read Mohsni saying that team are going out to make up for Saturday at Queens tomorrow. Noooo!!

This reminds me of last season when players sought to make up for bad league form by turning in performances in the fizzy pop cup.

We have play off match on Tuesday and that MUST be absolute priority.

These games are massive for the future of the club and everything turns on them. Saturday is a dead rubber.

I’m also convinced we will be better if we are at home for first legs in the play offs.

This season we do badly when we go behind. We are less likely to suffer a pasting if we are at home in the first leg. Ideally we can get a lead and then try to hold to it in the second leg, which will force other side to commit to coming at us

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Just read Mohsni saying that team are going out to make up for Saturday at Queens tomorrow. Noooo!!

This reminds me of last season when players sought to make up for bad league form by turning in performances in the fizzy pop cup.

We have play off match on Tuesday and that MUST be absolute priority.

These games are massive for the future of the club and everything turns on them. Saturday is a dead rubber.

I’m also convinced we will be better if we are at home for first legs in the play offs.

This season we do badly when we go behind. We are less likely to suffer a pasting if we are at home in the first leg. Ideally we can get a lead and then try to hold to it in the second leg, which will force other side to commit to coming at us
    Agree with all of that

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    normally id be more bothered about finishing higher to ensure second leg game at tannadice but going on our form since xmas that really doesnt mean as much as it did last season.

i would rest a few of the key players for livi game hoping some of the fringe players impress and show they can be counted on when called upon in playoffs.
    Last season we "ran out of steam" v accies as we had played so many games in a short space of time and didnt have the squad depth to deal with the amount of games. this season we have a bigger squad and have options to change it up if we need it so imo we should be playing the sort of the team we played v st mirren and falkirk. only make changes to the team if really required! no silly tombola selection

we have players who can come in a do a job if we can cut out silly results like saturday. mcdonald, fraser, briels, matty smith and lyng could all become very important in the playoffs.

1st game of playoffs team should be

deniz
    ralston moshni murdoch robson
    gilliespie
    king stanton flood mcmullan
    mikkelson

with only change being if durnan is available then move murdoch to LB.
    Completely agree with the above personnel but would change formation to 3 in the middle and 3 up front

Gillespie Flood
    Stanton

King McMullan
    Mikkleson

mcmullan injured

Pretty much a full strength lineup for a meaningless game.
    Scott Fraser starts, a few meaty challenges in store for him today.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)