+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Calling All Stattos From Near and Far

Calling All Stattos From Near and Far

Has there ever been an instance whereby the 3 teams relegated in the same year, all gained promotion the following year?

At the start of this season I thought Blackburn and Wigan were certainties to bounce straight back. Nothing clever about that.

But the third team? I didn't think that would be us after our spectacular fall and the belief that Warne hadn't been left with any foundations to build on and that TS' pockets were full of sticky toffee and little else. The Shrews I never gave a thought to.

Under persistent questioning throughout the season by my best chum, a lifelong Addicks' fan, who is very smart and shrewd, I said Charlton had as good a chance as any (providing they get rid of their Belgian owner who has 6 clubs doing nothing under his wing, and possibly get a Charlton old boy in the hotseat to drive them over the line). Duchatelet is dragging his feet over a supposed 'done deal' with an Aussie millionaire and that little talented firebrand Bowyer rather than setting the office on fire and everyone in it, has matured and is now a responsible and motivated Mr Clean.

For myself? I'd rather do battle with say, Scunny over two legs and then try to neutralise Charlton at Wembley. Either way, we've done an exceptionally good job getting this far.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilzal View Post
    Has there ever been an instance whereby the 3 teams relegated in the same year, all gained promotion the following year?

At the start of this season I thought Blackburn and Wigan were certainties to bounce straight back. Nothing clever about that.

But the third team? I didn't think that would be us after our spectacular fall and the belief that Warne hadn't been left with any foundations to build on and that TS' pockets were full of sticky toffee and little else. The Shrews I never gave a thought to.
    D
    Under persistent questioning throughout the season by my best chum, a lifelong Addicks' fan, who is very smart and shrewd, I said Charlton had as good a chance as any (providing they get rid of their Belgian owner who has 6 clubs doing nothing under his wing, and possibly get a Charlton old boy in the hotseat to drive them over the line). Duchatelet is dragging his feet over a supposed 'done deal' with an Aussie millionaire and that little talented firebrand Bowyer rather than setting the office on fire and everyone in it, has matured and is now a responsible and motivated Mr Clean.

For myself? I'd rather do battle with say, Scunny over two legs and then try to neutralise Charlton at Wembley. Either way, we've done an exceptionally good job getting this far.
    No not charlton at wembley, please...50,000 against 20,000 ? Extra man and all that...not plymouth either...

Who says Charlton will even be in the playoffs? There is one scenario where they could win their last two games and still not make it, especially if we roll over and let Plymouth beat us by half a dozen or so

Let us not have a repeat hey!!! This is just rubbing someones nose in it at best goading at worse. We could scroll through and find a thread/ post that everyone has written which has come back and bitten them on the arse. Let's all be good sports and concentrate on the present.
    Last edited by frogmiller; 22-04-2018 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Let us not have a repeat hey!!! This is just rubbing someones nose in it at best goading at worse. We could scroll through and find a thread/ post that everyone has written which has come back and bitten them on the arse. Let's all be good sports and concentrate on the present.
    Funny though and some deserve it with their negative posts. Oops sorry!

You're right lets concentrate on the positives. Please don't ban me Frog