+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OT: Whatever happened to the likely freds...on Dale Winton?

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    This is a tough one TTR, a guy teaches his dog to react to Nazi propaganda, anti-Semitic taunts etc and posts the video on YouTube clearly as a joke.....nobody makes an official complaint but the police take him to court for "use of transmission" laws?...mmmm

I have not watched the video because quite frankly I would not find it funny, but apparently 3 million people viewed it.

I think we are on dodgy ground once we start threatening to jail people for holding a particular view, and expressing it in public.....for me, there should be a clear distinction between simply holding a view and expressing it in a free speech Democracy and, on the other hand, inciting others to break the law via hate speech and propaganda.

Some comedians like Jimmy Carr and Frankie Boyle might to change their routine in light of this court ruling!
    That was the main point Tarkers.
    3 000 000 views, 1 complaint. AND GUESS WHAT?
    That one one person works for the police complaints?
    So the Police take it upon themselves to push for a prosecution.
    The guy is then hounded for 2 years at god knows what cost. To have a trial by NO JURY, convicted by a judge for a paltry £800

As I said, something very dodgy going on in this country at the moment.
    The cops whinge about man power, can't find a copper to visit your burgled property. Yet have 300 people scanning social media for naughty words?
    This man has had threats off Antifa and he far left, unable to get a job because of the impending case against him.
    Welcome to 1984. Hell I don't think even Orwell predicted that a man could be found guilty and potentially sent to prison for a joke...

Context is everything. At the start of his video, he states very clearly that it is a joke to wind up his girlfriend.
    Frankie Boyle says far worse and is from Scotland as well.

For me, he been made a scapegoat. With antisemitism running rife in the Labour party, what easier way to send a message by picking on him. Rather than drag some MP's or party leaders through the courts, as they should have done.

It stinks and the common mans voice and opinions is being pounced on. Social media undermines the Main Press propaganda and exposes the truth.

Now this German guy is very funny. But someone could take offence.
    It is all in context and needs stopping, fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtqlHGSl6BA

Thanks for that, Tricky. Your best post ever. That guy is SO funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    That was the main point Tarkers.
    3 000 000 views, 1 complaint. AND GUESS WHAT?
    That one one person works for the police complaints?
    So the Police take it upon themselves to push for a prosecution.
    The guy is then hounded for 2 years at god knows what cost. To have a trial by NO JURY, convicted by a judge for a paltry £800

As I said, something very dodgy going on in this country at the moment.
    The cops whinge about man power, can't find a copper to visit your burgled property. Yet have 300 people scanning social media for naughty words?
    This man has had threats off Antifa and he far left, unable to get a job because of the impending case against him.
    Welcome to 1984. Hell I don't think even Orwell predicted that a man could be found guilty and potentially sent to prison for a joke...

Context is everything. At the start of his video, he states very clearly that it is a joke to wind up his girlfriend.
    Frankie Boyle says far worse and is from Scotland as well.

For me, he been made a scapegoat. With antisemitism running rife in the Labour party, what easier way to send a message by picking on him. Rather than drag some MP's or party leaders through the courts, as they should have done.

It stinks and the common mans voice and opinions is being pounced on. Social media undermines the Main Press propaganda and exposes the truth.

I totally agree on the whole but he could have chosen better phrasing than the repeated 'gas the Jews'...?

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    I totally agree on the whole but he could have chosen better phrasing than the repeated 'gas the Jews'...?
    I am not defending the action at all.
    But he did say, he came up with the worst scenario he could think of, to wind his girlfriend up. It was her dog remember.
    Gas the Jews and seig heil were just command triggers. OK not the best of taste, but remove the video from the scenario.
    Had this been done in front of family and friends, you could see folks laughing and her belting 10 bells of **** out of him.
    But no, the Police have to look for an easy victim to prosecute.
    Henning Wehn in the video I posted, made a joke out of Anne Franke. That was one of the most awful stories from the war and her diary is used today in education of her peoples plight.
    Now why isn't Henning prosecuted?
    That is the whole point. You can expand and expand this. Did the Charlie Hebdo cartoons, give a Muslim the right to murder, because he is offended? No it doesn't.
    You have the right to offend, but context is everything. Christian jokes are made all the time and other religions are insulted. Yet there is nothing ever said or done, except when Muslims or Jews are involved.
    EP is right in a lot of what he says regarding religion. (****, I've just joined the snobhead club)

Btw Count Dankula has received over 100k in donations already to fight this in the courts. Lets hope this dope of a judge, gets his soon.

For you Sid.-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ETCM90yHiY

But he did say, he came up with the worst scenario he could think of, to wind his girlfriend up. It was her dog remember.
    Gas the Jews and seig heil were just command triggers. OK not the best of taste, but remove the video from the scenario.
    Had this been done in front of family and friends, you could see folks laughing and her belting 10 bells of **** out of him.
    Henning Wehn in the video I posted, made a joke out of Anne Franke. That was one of the most awful stories from the war and her diary is used today in education of her peoples plight.
    That is the whole point. You can expand and expand this. Did the Charlie Hebdo cartoons, give a Muslim the right to murder, because he is offended? No it doesn't.
    You have the right to offend, but context is everything. Christian jokes are made all the time and other religions are insulted. Yet there is nothing ever said or done, except when Muslims or Jews are involved.
    EP is right in a lot of what he says regarding religion. (****, I've just joined the snobhead club)

Btw Count Dankula has received over 100k in donations already to fight this in the courts. Lets hope this dope of a judge, gets his soon.

For you Sid.-
    The big issue here to me is that the ruling is subjective and, as a friend pointed out, the law is based on precedent. This could open the door to a whole range of dubious prosecutions and court cases based on how someone feels about a particular News article, YouTube video or the like. A whole can of worms.............but maybe that was the intention.

But he did say, he came up with the worst scenario he could think of, to wind his girlfriend up.
    It was her dog remember.

For you Sid.-

So why make it public, should have kept it private and whilst I disagree with what has transpired, is he or anyone else, really surprised?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123