+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our best side?

Our best side?

Does Warney know what is our best side? I’m not sure he does tbh

I don’t know but I do know Mattock and Newell are the best partnership and should be in the play offs/final

Is there such a thing as a "best side"?
    Over the course of the season players lose form, get injured and some force their way into the team.
    Sometimes it's necessary to pick different teams depending on the opposition.
    I'm pretty sure Warney knows what he's doing.

Anyone of the squad could play in the team and it wouldn't effect us much..

Agree with millertop there seems to be better pairings like mattock/Newell.. Emmanuel/forde. Taylor was like a terrier yesterday though he left Emmanuel exposed a few times.
    Not sure if warne knows his best 11 but for a balanced side mine is

Rodak
    Emmanuel
    Ike
    Wood
    Purrington
    Forde
    Vaulks
    Towell
    Williams
    Ball
    Smith..

Rodak
    Emmanuel
    Ike
    Wood
    Mattock
    Forde
    Vaulks
    Towell
    Palmer
    Newell
    Smith

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Anyone of the squad could play in the team and it wouldn't effect us much..

Agree with millertop there seems to be better pairings like mattock/Newell.. Emmanuel/forde. Taylor was like a terrier yesterday though he left Emmanuel exposed a few times.
    Not sure if warne knows his best 11 but for a balanced side mine is

Rodak
    Emmanuel
    Ike
    Wood
    Purrington
    Forde
    Vaulks
    Towell
    Williams
    Ball
    Smith..

Rodak
    Emmanuel
    Ike
    Wood
    Mattock
    Forde
    Vaulks
    Towell
    Palmer
    Newell
    Smith
    Wouldn’t disagree with that

I can't disagree with that Cayton. I do feel for Vaulks in a 451 because he's not in the game for a lot of the time well not enough for me. It was as if the other two midfielders Towell and Palmer don't pass to him. There are times when Vaulks is already in position to take a short pass and one of the other two nip in and take the ball. He is getting frustrated and personally something isn't right.

It is good though that we have two formations but we don't seem to have switched from one to the other in a match.

One players who I find that I like watching in midfield is Ajayi. He seems to enjoy it there. He gets his foot in, wins headers and passes much more simply than when he's in defence. One to watch there maybe?

I would now be playing Cummings, Wiles, Potter, Proctor etc to give the current bunch of lads a rest as and when we can.

Quote Originally Posted by dantpen View Post
    I would now be playing Cummings, Wiles, Potter, Proctor etc to give the current bunch of lads a rest as and when we can.
    I see your reasoning behind it but the last time we had a break we went on a terrible run of which we're just coming out of. One at a time maybe but not altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by dantpen View Post
    Reserves game at Grimsby on Tuesday (2pm k.o.) - will Warney give the above players a game? (plus Mattock and/or Ball?)... Wiles usually plays in the reserves games anyway , but from what Warney was saying on Radio DeeDah a few days ago, Proctor is still unlikely to make an appearance, although I hope that I'm wrong about that.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I see your reasoning behind it but the last time we had a break we went on a terrible run of which we're just coming out of. One at a time maybe but not altogether.
    Cummings for Emmanuel and Potter back in the midfield for the last 2 games would give Emmanuel, Vaulks, Towell a rest in time for the play offs. Plus it keeps the players coming in a bit more match fresh.

Purrington coming in over the last few has ended up being timed nicely as well as it means Mattock will be fresh and raring to go. It wouln't hurt to make changes early in games as well now if we are doing enough in the games to see it out.

The only ones im overly concerned about is Woody and Smith. They have played a lot of football recently with very little rest.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Reserves game at Grimsby on Tuesday (2pm k.o.) - will Warney give the above players a game? (plus Mattock and/or Ball?)... Wiles usually plays in the reserves games anyway , but from what Warney was saying on Radio DeeDah a few days ago, Proctor is still unlikely to make an appearance, although I hope that I'm wrong about that.
    A good pre-season will do Procor a world of good but a good test before hand to see where he is fitness wise will help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast