+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Rowett Out/Billy Davis In To Save Our Season

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Exactly...and £16m nearly eleven years ago should have gone an awful lot further than it does today.
    £16m back in 2007 those players were good Championship players but never in a million years were they good enough for the Premier League and Billy Davis knew that that’s why he wanted to get rid as soon as we got in the Prem and get the money to replace them from the owner at the time but he didn’t get it so he left and we remained with the players we had and became the worst team in Premier League history.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramspudnik View Post
    He has got unfinished business at Derby left under bad circumstances with him not getting backed, to get top quality signings and then us bringing in our worst manager in history Paul Jewell who wasn’t even backed either ended up with a crock of crap.

He is the only man to get us up via play-offs, Yes! we only beat WBA by one goal thanks to Steven Pearson but he has still done better then any other manager who has ever set foot in the door after him.

He deserves a clean slate and he has been our most successful manager to date so he deserves to finish what he started.
    They did get a few quid to spend but spent it on Rob Earnshaw, Robbie Savage, Claude Davis, Kenny Miller etc. Panic buying,, but I've always said if you can't get your main targets don't spend at all,, yeah you might suffer but at least not wasting money on crap duff signings, we were never staying up from around game 3 or 4 that season, we should have known that and planned accordingly, the rebuild wouldn't have took 5 bloody years if not for the silly willy nilly signings. I still can't get my head around the Claude Davis and Kenny Miller signings, almost as bad as the Bradley Johnson and Jacob Butterfield panic buys.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    They did get a few quid to spend but spent it on Rob Earnshaw, Robbie Savage, Claude Davis, Kenny Miller etc. Panic buying,, but I've always said if you can't get your main targets don't spend at all,, yeah you might suffer but at least not wasting money on crap duff signings, we were never staying up from around game 3 or 4 that season, we should have known that and planned accordingly, the rebuild wouldn't have took 5 bloody years if not for the silly willy nilly signings. I still can't get my head around the Claude Davis and Kenny Miller signings, almost as bad as the Bradley Johnson and Jacob Butterfield panic buys.
    Paul Jewell brought Savage in from Blackburn for £1.5m which rose to £2m which was a bargain, so he was hardly a heavy cost for us unlike Earnshaw.

It’s down to the recruitment which is also down to the management team, which they didn’t do enough in January which has costs us the dip in form as usual every season and the tactics have been poor and Rowett swapping and changing and unsettling the side which numerous managers before him have done which ends up with them having a lack of ideas where to go next to move the team forward.

With that basis I have no confidence in Rowett.
    Every manager you have seems to be the problem clough ,clement, mclarren now Rowett. I go with my dad to derby games and I see fabulous football then after January it’s power off. Seriously even if pep took over it wouldn’t change anything.

Stop pampering players without them earning it

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Every manager you have seems to be the problem clough ,clement, mclarren now Rowett. I go with my dad to derby games and I see fabulous football then after January it’s power off. Seriously even if pep took over it wouldn’t change anything.

Stop pampering players without them earning it
    I haven’t seen one decent game to watch at home, it’s been a crock of crap entertainment wise which I feel sorry for the fans who pay their hard earn money to watch this pile of tripe and see the same structure play out season on end.

The best performances this season has been away from home but even so, we still not been thoroughly convincing to say the least.

He didn't sign Earnshaw. That was done behind his back. Got us promoted a month after the automatic places were decided. He was a month behind the two other promoted teams in terms of becoming Premier League ready. He should have got straight down to getting the necessaru players in from day 1. Instead he chose to go on holiday for, if I remember correctly, 3 weeks. Three weeks which should have been spent getting players in. By the time he came back and got down to business, the players DCFC might have wanted and could afford had already gone elsewhere. That was where that season went wrong and it was downhill from there on in.

Rowett? I don't think the slump is down to him. I think it's the players who are feeling way too comfortable in the SBC on PL level long term contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Pant View Post

Rowett? I don't think the slump is down to him. I think it's the players who are feeling way too comfortable in the SBC on PL level long term contracts.
    Agreed. He needs to be given more time, most of them don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Pant View Post
    He didn't sign Earnshaw. That was done behind his back. Got us promoted a month after the automatic places were decided. He was a month behind the two other promoted teams in terms of becoming Premier League ready. He should have got straight down to getting the necessaru players in from day 1. Instead he chose to go on holiday for, if I remember correctly, 3 weeks. Three weeks which should have been spent getting players in. By the time he came back and got down to business, the players DCFC might have wanted and could afford had already gone elsewhere. That was where that season went wrong and it was downhill from there on in.

"We are delighted to have a new striker on board with a fantastic track record in terms of goals scored at every level he has played, including the Premier League and internationals," said Derby manager Billy Davies. "Robert is a fantastic additional to my squad and I'm sure the fans will be excited that we have a new fox in the box for the new season."

He did sign Earnshaw....

Rowett? I don't think the slump is down to him. I think it's the players who are feeling way too comfortable in the SBC on PL level long term contracts.[/QUOTE]

He picks the players, he brings them in and he trains them how he want’s them to perform for match day.

Rowett even said himself that he takes full responsibility for Derby’s downfall if things are not going right because he’s the manager.

Time to save our season by bringing in someone new to save our season.

Rowett even said himself that he takes full responsibility for Derby’s downfall if things are not going right because he’s the manager.

Time to save our season by bringing in someone new to save our season.
    Taking responsibility and being responsible are two different things. That's a bit subtle, would you like an example?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)