+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Crowd

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    Do we have a lot of deaf fans then?
    Yep, wheelbarrow in sign language is worth a watch.

Quote Originally Posted by for*sttown63 View Post
    The atmosphere seems to have been building for the last few home games...even the Pavis stand are getting their act together with the clapping and very nearly breaking into song!!
    Was really good to see the family stand near to capacity...was there a promotion on for kids??
    Everything around the club is buzzing at the moment...so much to be positive about!
    Bring on the Codheads!!
    COYP
    Nolo said exactly the same in his post-match interview....the place is buzzing and I'm sure it is raising the players and staff....if we beat Grimsby, then ML should be rocking for the crunch last match of the season....12,000 plus?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    Do we have a lot of deaf fans then?
    We have at least one if Wedgie didn't hear the drummer.

If it goes to the last game we should sell out. If we don't it will be a sad reflection on football fans in Nottingham.
    By the way I'm in block C and always sing until I'm hoarse, partly deaf as well!

Away fans in the JS stand, being bunched together, will sing and chant together and therefore make more noise than you would think from a couple of hundred voices. Notts fans are spread throughout the stadium and cannot synchronise. Also, small groups and individuals in the Pavis may be reluctant to join in and will barely be heard even if they did. If they were in the Kop they could bellow away with the rest of us and make the deafening roar that is the Wheelbarrow Song even more melodious.

Failing that, we could hire a music master to organise us into three separate choirs, The Hayden Green, The Pavis, and the Kop. Imagine The Wheelbarrow Song being sung as a "round"! How harmonious would that be?

Quote Originally Posted by meoldlaner View Post
    If it goes to the last game we should sell out. If we don't it will be a sad reflection on football fans in Nottingham.
    I think if we start the final Saturday in 3rd place you would expect a crowd of at least 15k given Luton have sold 4.5k.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    I think if we start the final Saturday in 3rd place you would expect a crowd of at least 15k given Luton have sold 4.5k.
    I admire your optimism but looking at the remaining fixtures for us, Exeter and Wycombe, it seems most unlikely we can finish in 3rd place. Most likely scenario is that we will finish in 5th spot to play Exeter.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieeyedandlegless View Post
    I admire your optimism but looking at the remaining fixtures for us, Exeter and Wycombe, it seems most unlikely we can finish in 3rd place. Most likely scenario is that we will finish in 5th spot to play Exeter.
    5th Plays 6th surely??

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    5th Plays 6th surely??
    Correct - 4th plays 7th and 5th plays 6th

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    We have at least one if Wedgie didn't hear the drummer.
    Who said that !!!!

yes I'm deaf and have bloody awful tinnitus... I thought the drum I heard came from the Yeovil mob, not the KOP, apologise to our drummer if I'm wrong ?

Guess he must be crap and needs lessons

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast