+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Crowd

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    5th Plays 6th surely??
    Err - sorry, I did actually know what I meant but said it wrongly

Quote Originally Posted by Pieeyedandlegless View Post
    Err - sorry, I did actually know what I meant but said it wrongly
    It's ok, it's nothing to be ashamed of, I'm certainly not judging you for it

As for away fans, Coventry were pretty much the loudest I've ever heard in any stadium, perhaps on a par with Man City fans back when we played them in the league about 19 years ago.[/QUOTE]

stoke city are by far the loudest i have heard. 5k off them in the kop and 1500 on county road. think they beat us 3 nil with gudjon in charge for them

Quote Originally Posted by sirlesbradd View Post
    As for away fans, Coventry were pretty much the loudest I've ever heard in any stadium, perhaps on a par with Man City fans back when we played them in the league about 19 years ago.
    stoke city are by far the loudest i have heard. 5k off them in the kop and 1500 on county road. think they beat us 3 nil with gudjon in charge for them[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I remember that. Didn't we beat them 1-0 at home around that time as well?

Quote Originally Posted by meoldlaner View Post
    If it goes to the last game we should sell out. If we don't it will be a sad reflection on football fans in Nottingham.
    By the way I'm in block C and always sing until I'm hoarse, partly deaf as well!
    No chance of notts selling out sadly we don't have enough people interested.

Quote Originally Posted by nay123 View Post
    No chance of notts selling out sadly we don't have enough people interested.
    True. I reckon we have about 5000 regular fans and perhaps another 5000 who consider themselves Notts fans but only go occasionally. Beyond that, it's probably just people tagging along with mates for the day, or non-Notts fans taking advantage of ticket offers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    I think if we start the final Saturday in 3rd place you would expect a crowd of at least 15k given Luton have sold 4.5k.
    I agree. It is not inconceivable for Wycombe and Exeter to draw on Saturday so if we do win at Grimsby it will set up a cracker against Luton

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    I agree. It is not inconceivable for Wycombe and Exeter to draw on Saturday so if we do win at Grimsby it will set up a cracker against Luton
    Absolutely. Even though Luton have secured automatic promotion which has sorted the 2nd place out. The only downside is Accrington losing to Newport last night means that the title is still open for those two. Ideally we could do with Accrington winning at the weekend and Luton not winning which would wrap up the title. Then Luton would have nothing to play for on the last day.

Part of me thinks that both ourselves and Luton will have something to play for on the last day which if it's 3rd place for us and the title for Luton would certainly be a sell out. Not a game for those of a nervous disposition.

There are still plenty of twists and turns to come in the remaining two games. What's great though is we can talk about the different permutations and it's been the most exciting end to a season in many, many years.

The Pavis stand seems to get fuller each week, I think if the prices to go in the kop were reduced to £18 say it would encourage more people to go in there because that is where the most noise comes from. Seeing and hearing a full kop is worth a goal start imo.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123