+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: o/t litter

Quote Originally Posted by NYSRich View Post
    What are people who get sentenced to Community Service expected to do? Surely litter picking should be a no-brainer?
    Yeh and for starters get some of them down the subway at Chapel Walk it's a frigging death trap on those steps with
    cans bottles and god knows how many fallen leaves. You can't see for the steps for the crap that's lying on them.

Better still now the weather's picked up let's get jailed prisoners out and have a good old chain gang and have them dressed in stripes so we know they're cons. Put them to good use clearing all the crap up.

On a serious note how about benefit grabbers. Have them report for litter picking once a week or their money is stopped.

So there you are, a business thinking of setting up in Rotherham but on your trip to the town you see the roadsides festooned with litter. This tells you that the Council doesn't care enough about it so why should you bother?

If you ask a councillor or the Council directly I guarantee they will trot out the over worn excuse of austerity and council cuts.

They know you lot that vote for them will continue to do so no matter what.

At the match yesterday when a crisp packet blew on the pitch i was moaning how hard is it to put it in your pocket or the bin when you go to the bog , sad I know

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    At the match yesterday when a crisp packet blew on the pitch i was moaning how hard is it to put it in your pocket or the bin when you go to the bog , sad I know
    Better still, put it down the bog, block the drain and recreate the Millmoor experience.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Better still, put it down the bog, block the drain and recreate the Millmoor experience.
    I don’t think we can ever recreate Millmoor but I might try it

There’s a road accross from thybrough country park (yes I’m not sure I spelt it right) which leads into kilnhurst, me and my dad call it McDonalds ally since it’s full of junk from drivers who have been to McDonald’s.

Also how many times I have been to kfc parked up at burger king and seen food wrappers, bags thrown all over the car park. Ffs there are bins everywhere but some people are so fking fat and lazy they won’t even walk to a bin.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    There’s a road accross from thybrough country park (yes I’m not sure I spelt it right) which leads into kilnhurst, me and my dad call it McDonalds ally since it’s full of junk from drivers who have been to McDonald’s.

Also how many times I have been to kfc parked up at burger king and seen food wrappers, bags thrown all over the car park. Ffs there are bins everywhere but some people are so fking fat and lazy they won’t even walk to a bin.
    Closely related to litter is the increase in rats.

In the first 45 years of my life, I saw one in Rotherham....scurrying through the subway near the Crinoline pub.

I have seen 10 in the streets of Rotherham this year.

Lazy so and so's cant ever get their lardy arses out of the car seat and get rid of their litter, seen it at Macdonalds at Canklow. Open the door and dump it on the floor. Its just the times we live in, very few people care anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyther View Post
    Lazy so and so's cant ever get their lardy arses out of the car seat and get rid of their litter, seen it at Macdonalds at Canklow. Open the door and dump it on the floor. Its just the times we live in, very few people care anymore.
    Cars crushed and public stoning would definitely sort it out, we need to start aiding natural selection and stop hindering it.

I walk up Ship Hill every morning and there’s always McDonald’s bags dumped outside Eric Mann’s from the boy racers.
    Look at the verges on the left next time you go up New Wortley Road. It looks like people empty their bins there.
    £80 fines for flicking a cigarette aren’t the answer to these because they’re not the problem.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast