+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: o/t litter

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss View Post
    I personally would like to see them stoned to death, may seem a little extreme but it would solve the problem.
    Ironically I think part of the problem is that many of the residents of Wellgate are frequently stoned to death

Clarkson mentioned this in his column yesterday, was in a park in London enjoying the sunny weather and foreigners were just throwing garbage everywhere, they have a different attitude to litter (except the Japanese, they're neater than we are) and although I sound like my granddad the younger generation seem to chuck litter about as well instead of using bins.

Most annoying to me is people throwing rubbish out of their car windows when they can easily take it home or wherever they're going and bin it.

dogsht in bags hanging from trees... why the fk pick it up then hang it in a tree?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    So there you are, a business thinking of setting up in Rotherham but on your trip to the town you see the roadsides festooned with litter. This tells you that the Council doesn't care enough about it so why should you bother?

If you ask a councillor or the Council directly I guarantee they will trot out the over worn excuse of austerity and council cuts.

They know you lot that vote for them will continue to do so no matter what.

Fair enough.

How do you think the council should go about solving the litter problem?

And are you happy to see your council tax rise to pay for it?

Or would you prefer cuts to another council service? If so, which do you have in mind?

it's not just a problem in Rotherham. The motorways are festooned in plastic, trees covered in grey and tatty plastic look like ghosts.

It's depressing.

Governments didn't help, increasing taxes on skips, extra charges for businesses for disposing of waste.

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post
    it's not just a problem in Rotherham. The motorways are festooned in plastic, trees covered in grey and tatty plastic look like ghosts.

It's depressing.
    Was back 2 years ago and my then 10 year old couldn't believe how much litter there was. For me it was especially noticeable on the motorways.

10 thousand pound fine per item of litter and if the person can't pay their house gets taken away and given to someone who deserves one is how it should be tackled. This I am serious about as it is so easy to put something in a bin, only need to set a few examples and the problem would be solved.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Governments didn't help, increasing taxes on skips, extra charges for businesses for disposing of waste.
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by sickly_child View Post
    Was back 2 years ago and my then 10 year old couldn't believe how much litter there was. For me it was especially noticeable on the motorways.
    According to commiestatistics.com, Rotherham has less litter than in previous years.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast