+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: o/t litter

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    According to commiestatistics.com, Rotherham has less litter than in previous years.
    So what do you want the council to do about it that is different?

And are you, Grist et al proposing that there is a Magic Money Tree to pay for it?

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post

And are you, Grist et al proposing that there is a Magic Money Tree to pay for it?
    Typical state-dependent commie response.

"boo hoo, I want the council to clean it up....boo hoo unemployment.....boo hoo....I haven't got a job, so that's why I drop litter on the floor"

Why not put your litter in a bin? It costs nothing.

"boo hoo, I want the council to clean it up....boo hoo unemployment.....boo hoo....I haven't got a job, so that's why I drop litter on the floor"

Wait a min IBS you started this thread that had a question mark and invited opinion. You can't just abuse people for having an opinion when you have requested it. This makes me think that you are simply fishing, knowing a response will come and you can get stuck in. Personally I think it is more to do with what we value in society and respect for people and places has deteriorated. Why this has happened is probably complex and may have something to do with poverty etc (note is say may).

People aren't doing that though are they? You've identified that as the problem?

Is starting a 'waaaaahhh' post on a footy message board gonna change that??

So, as ever, what do you suggest would solve the problem that you've been so motivated to raise?

I think the tax payers have given enough money, maybe the council need educating on how not to waste it.

More bins that actually get emptied would be a start.

Community service cleaning up when they’ve gone through all the health and safety crap.

Quicker action when you report fly tipping and even provide them with the address

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I think the tax payers have given enough money, maybe the council need educating on how not to waste it.

More bins that actually get emptied would be a start.

Community service cleaning up when they’ve gone through all the health and safety crap.

Quicker action when you report fly tipping and even provide them with the address
    That would be a good start.

Morrisons at Catcliffe has a recycle point for cardboard, cans and glass which is always overflowing people often dump other non-recycling waste. There is no PLASTIC recycling there as the council are 15 years behind the problem, they encourage fly-tipping by making it harder to recycle. In Spain there are recycle points on the streets every half mile for everything including plastics, no queuing and you can obviously use them 24 hours a day and no staff are needed!

Fair enough.

How do you think the council should go about solving the litter problem?

And are you happy to see your council tax rise to pay for it?

Or would you prefer cuts to another council service? If so, which do you have in mind?
    Simple answer yes.

Sharing money is a key job for the Council. There are many councils in the same position as Rotherham that still manage to organise litter picking.

Well I don’t know about ragingpup but my council tax has already gone up and now I’m expected to pay extra for garden waste.

Also there are volunteers who go litter collecting, what do the council actually do again?

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Well I don’t know about ragingpup but my council tax has already gone up and now I’m expected to pay extra for garden waste.

Also there are volunteers who go litter collecting, what do the council actually do again?
    I saw in the paper the other week, an area had been cleared of litter and two volunteer groups were arguing with each other and both saying they'd done it.

Council spends our money on housing and council tax benefits for gypsies.

Former council leader Roger Stone even went over to Slovakia to persuade more of them to move to Rotherham.

The left are absolutely nuts these days, completely divorced from reality with no common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    I saw in the paper the other week, an area had been cleared of litter and two volunteer groups were arguing with each other and both saying they'd done it.

Council spends our money on housing and council tax benefits for gypsies.

Former council leader Roger Stone even went over to Slovakia to persuade more of them to move to Rotherham.

The left are absolutely nuts these days, completely divorced from reality with no common sense.
    I'm interested. Can you tell me a bit more about:

1. What evidence is there that the council are spending our money on "housing and tax benefits for gypsies"?
    2. Where specifically is this happening?
    3. How much are the council spending on housing 'gypsies'?

I am prepared to be outraged if you can give me a bit more detail please.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast