+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: o/t litter

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Simple answer yes.

Sharing money is a key job for the Council. There are many councils in the same position as Rotherham that still manage to organise litter picking.
    Grist,

1. Which councils with similar demographics have got the litter situation nailed?
    2. How do they do it?
    3. What evidence do you have that this is so?

I'll check it out and reconsider my views on this...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    I saw in the paper the other week, an area had been cleared of litter and two volunteer groups were arguing with each other and both saying they'd done it.

Council spends our money on housing and council tax benefits for gypsies.

Former council leader Roger Stone even went over to Slovakia to persuade more of them to move to Rotherham.

The left are absolutely nuts these days, completely divorced from reality with no common sense.
    'The Left' did not create the Single Market which is the biggest source of migration to Britain. That was done by your very own 'Right'.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I think the tax payers have given enough money, maybe the council need educating on how not to waste it.

More bins that actually get emptied would be a start.

Community service cleaning up when they’ve gone through all the health and safety crap.

Quicker action when you report fly tipping and even provide them with the address

How are they wasting it Millertop? Please give specifics as everything people have said at the moment seems quite generalised with accusations made against the council without anything tangible to back up where waste is actually really happening.

there are quite in depth reports online such as this breakdown of how the council are spending our money (see Council tax Guide pdf):

http://www.rotherham.gov.uk/info/200...l_tax_pays_for

as well as extensive justifications that councils now have to give. It would be helpful if people pointing to wastage could refer to these actual financial commitments and say where the wastages are.

There is even a public consultation on what suggestions local folk have as to where they feel their money should be spent - have you and all others concerned on here completed this so the council take your views on board?

http://www.rotherham.gov.uk/info/200.../budget_201819

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    'The Left' did not create the Single Market which is the biggest source of migration to Britain. That was done by your very own 'Right'.
    What has single market got to do with migration?

Can't say that I've noticed that the litter situation in Rotherham is any better or worse than anywhere else that I've recently visited... some posters seem to have viivid imaginations...

Paying for professional advice which is then dismissed

Paying out for accommodation/lunches for meeting (which some have been well over the top)

Having new equipment/stationery just because they have relocated, absolutely nothing wrong with the old stuff (I’ve seen this first hand, I do quite a bit of work for council, nhs etc).

Has your council tax gone up, are you paying extra for garden waste, do you want to pay some more ragingpup?
    Last edited by millertop; 23-04-2018 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Can't say that I've noticed that the litter situation in Rotherham is any better or worse than anywhere else that I've recently visited... some posters seem to have viivid imaginations...
    I’ve visited worse places for litter than Rotherham but the fly tipping is getting out of hand

Ragingpup

I'll check it out and reconsider my views on this...

Thanks
    No you wont!

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I’ve visited worse places for litter than Rotherham but the fly tipping is getting out of hand
    That’s going to get worse Millertop. From October RMBC will be charging for green bin collections and they are introducing a smaller capacity black bin to force people into recycling more.

The council don't think it will increase fly tipping, one of the many things that show how stupid and unfit for purpose they are. They've given in to pressure and will eventually be doing plastic collections thankfully.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast