+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: o/t litter

I started to read this thread thinking it was about litter and WHOA -it,s kill or be killed time again.Heyho,-with regard to plastic,including LITTER,I heard a report on Radio 4 the other day where a team of scientists from across the world had isolated an enzyme that destrayed plastic.Early days but maybe hope in the future.

There - back on thread.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Gotcha!
    Sorry - are you implying that I am hiding my labour supporting political views? I have had many debates on here totally revealing my general political party views and in these debates I generally back up my arguments with reasoned evidence from various sources. People may disagree with these arguments and sources but at least I generally try and back them up. My left leaning is no secret on here and why should it be?

Your point seemed to be that I was not willing to budge on my arguments when given evidenced arguments that contradict my own views. I provided one example with tory mate that contradicted that and gives credit to Kerr for weighing in with evidenced arguments that might not entirely change my stance but definitely inform and sway them. I like having my views challenged and I lilke amending them.

the problem is that many views on here are horribly flawed, un-evidenced and just come down to personal opinion based on just the poster's own personal experience and world view. that of course is valid but when I disagree with such views my most common input to MM threads is to question the argument and ask for evidence to back it up. I am of course aware that in many cases, there is not a hope in hell that such evidence can be produced and that the poster doesn't have the ability to back up their arguments. I like to expose such views for what they are and leave the non replying posters looking empty and vacuous to all readers that can discern.

My biggest suggestion would be for such posters to just stop posting ill informed personal opinions on football messageboards if they get upset, or in your case, try and turn the attention away from the subject and my arguments (as you clearly can't answer the argument points I've made either) when they are challenged.

I personally don't start threads spouting my own political convictions. I would advise all not to. If you don't post bollo arguments then those that are able to won't take them apart and make you (generally, not you personally I should add) look stupid and uneducated. It's that simple...

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Sorry - are you implying that I am hiding my labour supporting political views? I have had many debates on here totally revealing my general political party views and in these debates I generally back up my arguments with reasoned evidence from various sources. People may disagree with these arguments and sources but at least I generally try and back them up. My left leaning is no secret on here and why should it be?

Your point seemed to be that I was not willing to budge on my arguments when given evidenced arguments that contradict my own views. I provided one example with tory mate that contradicted that and gives credit to Kerr for weighing in with evidenced arguments that might not entirely change my stance but definitely inform and sway them. I like having my views challenged and I lilke amending them.

the problem is that many views on here are horribly flawed, un-evidenced and just come down to personal opinion based on just the poster's own personal experience and world view. that of course is valid but when I disagree with such views my most common input to MM threads is to question the argument and ask for evidence to back it up. I am of course aware that in many cases, there is not a hope in hell that such evidence can be produced and that the poster doesn't have the ability to back up their arguments. I like to expose such views for what they are and leave the non replying posters looking empty and vacuous to all readers that can discern.

My biggest suggestion would be for such posters to just stop posting ill informed personal opinions on football messageboards if they get upset, or in your case, try and turn the attention away from the subject and my arguments (as you clearly can't answer the argument points I've made either) when they are challenged.

I personally don't start threads spouting my own political convictions. I would advise all not to. If you don't post bollo arguments then those that are able to won't take them apart and make you (generally, not you personally I should add) look stupid and uneducated. It's that simple...
    I see you're back to the verbosity, raging. I also note that you and roly constantly refer to your own arguments as being "reasoned", "reasonable", evidence based and so on. I have read through a few of your posts and while they are undoubtedly pompous to an excrutiating degree I have so far failed to find a single example of what might pass for objective evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    I see you're back to the verbosity, raging. I also note that you and roly constantly refer to your own arguments as being "reasoned", "reasonable", evidence based and so on. I have read through a few of your posts and while they are undoubtedly pompous to an excrutiating degree I have so far failed to find a single example of what might pass for objective evidence.
    Where have I claimed to produce 'objective' evidence? How can you do that in political arguments that by nature are subjective? It's not possible so why are you inferring that I have claimed to be objective?

Sorry you think I sound pompous. I think some people said the same about Kerr when he disagreed with them and provided arguments and evidence that contradicted theirs. Just cos someone provides a cohesive argument, doesn't make them pompous. You could always try and come up with a contrary argument that blows me out of the water! Instead, just snide personal abuse. Is that the best you can manage?

I'd dearly love for their to be no more political threads on MM but it seems that certain people keep starting them to try and advance their own political agendas. I certainly don't start any - I'm genuinely not interested in ramming my political views down peoples throats on a football message board. But sorry - as I said above, if someone is trying to put over what I think are flawed arguments then I will question them and as is often the case (you've obviously scrutinised my posts so you should know) the posters don't respond. I can only assume they don't because their arguments are shown to be flawed. If people don't like that, then they can always stop posting them! No one will be more pleased than me!

Sorry if that annoys you as it clearly does, but tough...

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Where have I claimed to produce 'objective' evidence? How can you do that in political arguments that by nature are subjective? It's not possible so why are you inferring that I have claimed to be objective?

Sorry you think I sound pompous. I think some people said the same about Kerr when he disagreed with them and provided arguments and evidence that contradicted theirs. Just cos someone provides a cohesive argument, doesn't make them pompous. You could always try and come up with a contrary argument that blows me out of the water! Instead, just snide personal abuse. Is that the best you can manage?

I'd dearly love for their to be no more political threads on MM but it seems that certain people keep starting them to try and advance their own political agendas. I certainly don't start any - I'm genuinely not interested in ramming my political views down peoples throats on a football message board. But sorry - as I said above, if someone is trying to put over what I think are flawed arguments then I will question them and as is often the case (you've obviously scrutinised my posts so you should know) the posters don't respond. I can only assume they don't because their arguments are shown to be flawed. If people don't like that, then they can always stop posting them! No one will be more pleased than me!

Sorry if that annoys you as it clearly does, but tough...

Name:  fish.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  8.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Name:  fish.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  8.4 KB
    Don’t tell him Pike !

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Don’t tell him Pike !
    Sure sign of yet another lost argument. "we woz only baiting!!" 😀

Don’t tell him Pike !
    Whats the weight of that pike anyway...it looks like one of the biggest ive ever seen ..most likely a female..a few ducks gone down that ones gullet..50 pound plus ?

Have a read about the Council's plans here http://www.rothbiz.co.uk/2018/03/new...ls-litter.html

It involves joint working with Donny and contracting a private company for enforcement. The Council looks to be sticking with fines for dropping litter at £80 with £150 for late payment.

Don’t tell him Pike !
    pmsl Grist one of your best yet.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast