+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: o/t litter

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    What has single market got to do with migration?
    Not true anyway, non-EU migration is higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss View Post
    The council don't think it will increase fly tipping, one of the many things that show how stupid and unfit for purpose they are. They've given in to pressure and will eventually be doing plastic collections thankfully.
    Not entirely true, they propose to collect only certain types of plastic.

The recent public consultation showed that most of those replied were against charging for green bin collections and were against the introduction of a smaller bin. So much for consultation.

The same survey also indicated that most respondents thought that fly tipping would increase due to the changes.

Sorry didn't know that. Shows they don't actually care as well add that the list, plastic is the main problem.

Rotherham is currently the only council in the country that doesn't recycle plastics.

Doesn't surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss View Post
    Sorry didn't know that. Shows they don't actually care as well add that the list, plastic is the main problem.

It gets better......the current bin lorries are set up to load the bigger bins, it needs new equipment to pick up the new smaller bins.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    No you wont!
    You'd be surprised. Just need some constructive, evidence based arguments of where specifically wastage is happening and why RMBC's logic in spending it there (I'm sure they have their own arguments) is flawed. I don't have any loyalties to RMBC, just wary that they and every other council are working year on year with less money and they (as opposed to central government who are allocating them reduced budgets) are getting the flak.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Rotherham is currently the only council in the country that doesn't recycle plastics.

Doesn't surprise me.
    Is that true? If so, that is awful.

Have you contacted them to ask them why that is?

I say this as I was outraged that my local council wouldn't provide us with wheely bins (still got the old school tiny ones that blow away. But when I complained I was told that wheely bins don't fit round the back of most resident's Victorian houses!).

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post

Doesn't surprise me.
    Do you ever go to a tip? There’s a huge bin for plastic bottles and other bins for other plastic

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Do you ever go to a tip? There’s a huge bin for plastic bottles and other bins for other plastic
    But the council doesn’t own the dump it site, any money made from recycling the plastic goes to the operator and you’ve used your own transport to get it there probably driven miles in a polluting vehicle. Under that system the council has done nothing other than taking money off you via Council tax for a waste collection system that only partly works.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    But the council doesn’t own the dump it site, any money made from recycling the plastic goes to the operator and you’ve used your own transport to get it there probably driven miles in a polluting vehicle. Under that system the council has done nothing other than taking money off you via Council tax for a waste collection system that only partly works.
    Maybe but at least it’s not going in a landfill or ocean

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast