+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: o/t litter

o/t litter

It was a big deal when I was kid.

Adverts on the tv about litter louts,

People rebuking those that were seen dropping sweet wrappers in the street.

I also got a clip round the ear for leaving a coke can on a bench.

And I am glad for those experiences. I am programmed now to dispose of litter correctly.

What has happened? Wellgate is filthy...litter everywhere.

It's always cordoned off so the sweepers can't get up there

I seem to remember gowing up there that all the bus stops had notices on them about fines for littering. Do they still?

It's the same here in Seattle but you can add human waste as well as the usual litter. On top of all that we now have about 2000 'ride share' bikes cluttering up the place.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 22-04-2018 at 01:42 PM.

good point.

It pisses me so much, there should be crippling fines for any adults dropping litter. Doing a lot of driving I see so many throwing things out of their car windows, they should have their cars crushed.

I personally would like to see them stoned to death, may seem a little extreme but it would solve the problem.

Totally agree about people being fined for littering etc. Many councils now have litter wardens who hand out on the spot fines but these too can be over zealous.

A pensioner claims he was fined £50 for littering after dropping crumbs from a pork pie he was eating. Peter Vipham was eating the snack in Manchester city centre when a small crumb of pastry fell to the floor and he flicked another off his coat. Mr Vipham, 75, then says he was suddenly approached by two women who identified themselves as enforcement officers and told him he had been filmed littering.

He said he offered to pick up the crumbs but said he wasn’t given the opportunity to view the video footage, despite asking. Peter is refusing to pay the fine and is seeking legal advice. Retired shoemaker Peter, from Rawtenstall, Lancashire, said: ‘It is a strange world. Less than 200 yards away there were hundreds of pigeons with people feeding them.

This for me was OTT by the enforcement officers.

brin, surely the point is for adults to be responsible for their own litter and if they have kids with them to be responsible for their litter as well?

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    brin, surely the point is for adults to be responsible for their own litter and if they have kids with them to be responsible for their litter as well?

Yes, but geez come on, crumbs from a pork pie! It's not like he threw a full one to the floor.

Christ they'll be fart police out next charging us for unnecessary gas emission. Hope not or there may be a few on here skint in no time.

It didn't used to be an offence dropping food, that's not a problem for me as it will get eaten by something. I've heard of such cases brin, crumbs off stuff is ridiculous. Meanwhile they're clearly not getting enough folk throwing actual litter as we can see by it being all over the flecking place.

What are people who get sentenced to Community Service expected to do? Surely litter picking should be a no-brainer?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast