+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: o/t litter

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Maybe but at least it’s not going in a landfill or ocean

Actually a lot still goes to landfill depending on market prices at the time. High density plastics like HDPE tend to be reused but the lower lighter grades are basically unusable. The key to it all is stopping the over use of plastic packing in the first place.

I think they said at one time that this waste recycling place they have at Manvers can pick out the plastics and they can be recycled from there.

But of that is the case why are they now introducing plastics recycling? (After every other council).

What has single market got to do with migration?
    Lol. This is a joke, right?

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Lol. This is a joke, right?
    No it’s not a joke

As far as I know single market To do with trade and nothing to do with migration. Freedom of movement is migration and was added much later
    Last edited by Silly-miller; 23-04-2018 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Paying for professional advice which is then dismissed

Paying out for accommodation/lunches for meeting (which some have been well over the top)

Having new equipment/stationery just because they have relocated, absolutely nothing wrong with the old stuff (I’ve seen this first hand, I do quite a bit of work for council, nhs etc).

Has your council tax gone up, are you paying extra for garden waste, do you want to pay some more ragingpup?
    I would totally agree that rmbc, like most public organisations have elements of waste, usually due to sloppy management.

But as folk are having a pop specifically at rmbc Council, it should be said specifically and accurately what the waste is and what makes it unacceptable.

You say 'paying out for lunches /meetings, "some have been well over the top". With reference to what? Don't all companies and organisations pay for lunches for meetings? So what is the specific issue with the way rmbc do it that makes you refer to it? How much did they pay and what for that so makes you refer to this? How much is unacceptable if you are hosting a conference?

Migrating stationary irked you. It would anybody if rmbc threw away and reordered ALL of their stationery just because two departments swapped around. But that didn't happen did it? So what did? I don't dispute that some idiot managers might have done it, but are you saying the whole council does it as a matter of policy? When did that happen?

Seems that some people are making quite damning statements about the council when I'm sure that just like every other council, there will be lots of good things and lots of bad things about them. Some excellent department leaders, some rubbish ones.

Ill bet that similar posts appear on footy message boards all over the country, especially in similar demographic areas. Be great if someone could find an example of such a council that was a shining beacon of good practice and had great approval rating from its locals. Anyone find an article on such a Council?

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    I would totally agree that rmbc, like most public organisations have elements of waste, usually due to sloppy management.

But as folk are having a pop specifically at rmbc Council, it should be said specifically and accurately what the waste is and what makes it unacceptable.

You say 'paying out for lunches /meetings, "some have been well over the top". With reference to what? Don't all companies and organisations pay for lunches for meetings? So what is the specific issue with the way rmbc do it that makes you refer to it? How much did they pay and what for that so makes you refer to this? How much is unacceptable if you are hosting a conference?

Migrating stationary irked you. It would anybody if rmbc threw away and reordered ALL of their stationery just because two departments swapped around. But that didn't happen did it? So what did? I don't dispute that some idiot managers might have done it, but are you saying the whole council does it as a matter of policy? When did that happen?

Seems that some people are making quite damning statements about the council when I'm sure that just like every other council, there will be lots of good things and lots of bad things about them. Some excellent department leaders, some rubbish ones.

Ill bet that similar posts appear on footy message boards all over the country, especially in similar demographic areas. Be great if someone could find an example of such a council that was a shining beacon of good practice and had great approval rating from its locals. Anyone find an article on such a Council?
    Rotherham by the sea,
    Tele in all saints square
    Ears of corn...
    Brilliant vision this...oh and, we pay for it...

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post

You must work for council and his one of them that like the freebie lunches.

I’m not making damning statement, I was the one who had to get rid of the stuff (they said just skip it) which there was nothing wrong with, I got in touch with our clubs community staff and asked who would benefit from it all.

I’ve gave them evidence and address of fly tipping which they have yet to act on.

Why are you getting so upset just because of a thread about litter WHICH is a problem ? What’s more laughable is that I have a skip near to where the rubbish was dumped and ive told them I have no problem (the council authorities who are looking into it and have been for a few weeks apparently by the same van that’s been doing the dumping all over Rotherham) in them putting it in there. Why I even bother is beyond me.

Your tax gone up, you paying extra for garden waste? Are you prepared to pay extra?
    Last edited by millertop; 23-04-2018 at 09:24 PM.

No it’s not a joke

As far as I know single market To do with trade and nothing to do with migration. Freedom of movement is migration and was added much later
    The Single Market is built on 4 Freedoms - the free movement of Goods, Services, Capital and Labour.

The Single Market s the brainchild of Thatcher and underpins Tory Neoliberal trade policy favouring free trade capitalism.

I mention it because reading posts on here you would think free movement of people in Europe is a leftist Maxist concept.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Not true anyway, non-EU migration is higher.
    Ok. I notice net yearly migrations from outside the EU just passed EU migration for the first time this year in many years.

Are you now saying EU migration is irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Rotherham is currently the only council in the country that doesn't recycle plastics.

Doesn't surprise me.
    Just read an article from the Mail on Dec 17 saying 1 in 4 councils do not collect plastic. Has that changed or is the article wrong?

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast