+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/t Guns, drugs and gangland killings.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Actually the majority of white gangsters are actually Irish, like the Adams family, like the gangsters in Liverpool and Manchester.

Even Kray is not exactly a traditional British surname, they were English, Jewish, Irish and Romani Gypsy.
    I think we are all made up of different components fire .

Depends how far you want to go back I suppose .

Same old crap from same old suspects...

Name:  yawning.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  22.6 KB

Don't you ever get fed up of posting the same old unfounded, uneducated tosh Mr Fire, IBS and Grist because the rest of us do.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 22-04-2018 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post

Don't you ever get fed up of posting the same old unfounded, uneducated tosh Mr Fire, IBS and Grist because the rest of us do.
    Your nonsense is hardly varied either.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    It always amazes me that the people who defend Rotherham don't actually live here anymore, and produce reams of statistics from left leaning newspapers to tell us that life in Rotherham is getting better everyday when I can look out of my window and see it deteriorating rapidly.

Why not come home and enjoy paradise and in the unlikely event that we experience any issues in this blissful town, help us sort out the problems we might have?
    Been going downhill for a long time, that's why places like Manvers have expanded, people with children don't want to raise them amongst *****phile gangs and other scumbags, neither would the people you're talking about.

But they don't recognise the hypocrisy, like Billy Bragg in his Dorset seaside mansion, kids went to an all-white village school.

Every election he comes back to his old manor Barking and tells the residents how lucky they are to live in such a multicultural area.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post

Name:  yawning.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  22.6 KB

Which always results in the usual insults from the la la types like you.

Fingers in your ears, brains turned off, eyes closed, chanting la la la la, I don’t want to listen.

Add to that the complete arrogance that your view is so special that you think you can put forward an opinion “ for the rest of us”

Just for once, stop and think just how far you’ve been brainwashed.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    It always amazes me that the people who defend Rotherham don't actually live here anymore, and produce reams of statistics from left leaning newspapers to tell us that life in Rotherham is getting better everyday when I can look out of my window and see it deteriorating rapidly.

Why not come home and enjoy paradise and in the unlikely event that we experience any issues in this blissful town, help us sort out the problems we might have?
    I've never claimed life in Rotherham is great and getting better.

Rotherham's decline is a direct consequence of historic government policy that allowed the collapse of industry without any support which might have helped prevent the spiral in aspiration and attainment that followed.

I can only speak for myself, but I'd assume for many of the young people who leave Rotherham for university and then end up settling away from the town, the problem isn't immigration, despite it seeming to get the blame for everything here these days. I've lived in areas with far higher levels of immigration, and in more prosperous parts of the country there just isn't the simmering negativity you find here.

There are a lot of great people, wonderful, smart, compassionate people who live in Rotherham. These people are what give me hope for Rotherham's future. They aren't the reason I left. The big thing that turns me off Rotherham is the bitter and negative people, hell bent on stoking tensions and focused on the past. These people create a negative vibe in the town.

You'll rightly argue that the grooming scandal has played a huge part in bringing these tensions to the surface, and people are quite rightly upset, however the vibe I get from everything I encounter online from the town, is that people are stuck in a cycle of negativity, unwilling to progress and move on and make Rotherham a more positive place.

You're right to observe I come here and bang my head against a brick wall trying to bring some objectivity to the cloud of negativity and finger pointing, by trying to paint the town in a more positive light.

Is it patronising that someone who now lives hundreds of miles away takes it upon themselves to tell people their view of the town they live in is wrong? Sure! I just find it so sad. I actually pity those who are so vocal and who want to talk down our town, there is so much potential.

It's ironic that in this very post you're giving me a hard time for defending the town against all the negativity I see around it. I'm trying to make the case that Rotherham isn't that bad. Take a moment to think about how negatively that reflects on your mindset.

The negativity is self perpetuating and self fulfilling. Something needs to happen to break the cycle and to make people start to feel proud and positive about the town again, and I want to see that more than anything. Rotherham is my home town, it's shaped the person I am, and led me to the incredible opportunities I am now privileged to have. I will always be truly thankful for that and all the great people I know from my time here.

So in answer to why I don't want to come back? The problem is people like you constantly going on about how crap it is, which actually makes it a pretty crap place to live.

So instead of asking me what I'm doing to help the town sort out its problems... why don't you think about exactly what you're doing and how it's helping? At the moment all you seem to be doing is slating the town and criticising people for defending it - what's your end goal with this strategy? How is perpetuating negativity going to make Rotherham a better place for your children and grandchildren to live? I just think its really sad.

Hard to disagree with that John.

Much of my family is employed by south yorkshire police and they all tell me this. The huge majority of violent crime within South Yorkshire is drug dealers on other drug dealers and that if you stay away from drugs you will on the whole avoid being a victim.

Quote Originally Posted by tony260674 View Post
    Much of my family is employed by south yorkshire police and they all tell me this. The huge majority of violent crime within South Yorkshire is drug dealers on other drug dealers and that if you stay away from drugs you will on the whole avoid being a victim.
    Often spills over though, the war against drugs has been lost and we need to think differently. To think that bygone eras were relatively crime free is a bit optimistic. Has anyone watched Peaky Blinders?

Quote Originally Posted by sickly_child View Post
    Often spills over though, the war against drugs has been lost and we need to think differently. To think that bygone eras were relatively crime free is a bit optimistic. Has anyone watched Peaky Blinders?
    Yes, it's called a work of fiction.

In fact most of it is based on another gang, the Birmingham/ Brummagem Boys‎.

Some of the people in it are real like Derby Sabini and Alfie Solomons but they are not accurate representations.

The most notable example of this is Derby speaking Italian like a member of the Mafia when in reality, despite the Italian name he was brought up by his English mother and couldn't speak Italian at all.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast