+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: O/t Guns, drugs and gangland killings.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I’m struggling to care about people eating fish caught in the River Don.
    "People eating fish caught in the River Don". They must be some big fish? Might solve a few problems in the town to toss a few of the n'er do well to those fish

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss View Post
    So these things are left wing then? I'm learning new things all the time.

You haven't a clue what left/right wing is have you?
    Einstein's theory of relativity, it all depends on where you are. GF is extreme right, therefore anything else is considered left. Bizarre I know.

I go back to scary. Does that make him a leftist to some folk?

Not many to the left of him. Almost agree with Monty he is a parody.

To state the bleeding obvious, Left and Right are merely labels, they have very little actual meaning.

I don't want Diane Abbott as Home Secretary or The Great Leader to repeat the failed economic policies of the 70s, so I am a right winger as far as some posters are concerned. I quite like my Human Rights, oppose the death penalty and think that skin colour is rarely a material consideration in life and so am a left winger to others.

Politics is, like football support, a form of tribalism. Why people want to suspend their powers of critial thought to blindly follow a political party is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    To state the bleeding obvious, Left and Right are merely labels, they have very little actual meaning.

I don't want Diane Abbott as Home Secretary or The Great Leader to repeat the failed economic policies of the 70s, so I am a right winger as far as some posters are concerned. I quite like my Human Rights, oppose the death penalty and think that skin colour is rarely a material consideration in life and so am a left winger to others.

Politics is, like football support, a form of tribalism. Why people want to suspend their powers of critial thought to blindly follow a political party is beyond me.
    Correct but the duck with a red rosette will still win the local elections.

That's why Rotherham is still locked in the past, effigies of Thatcher are burnt in Goldthorpe and the town centre looks like the set of some dystopian B movie.

Good points, I've been labeled both.
    To me both party's should of been outed long ago as they've both been total failures.
    And true it is tribal.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss View Post
    Good points, I've been labeled both.
    To me both party's should of been outed long ago as they've both been total failures.
    And true it is tribal.
    It isn't well thought out is it?

Odd as it may seem I'm a Labour supporter at heart but couldn't find it in myself to vote for Blair and now hell would freeze over before I gave Corbyn and his cronies my vote.

Sadly, nationally May and Co are the best of a very poor choice of government.

Locally, I despair, more of the same though isn't the answer.

Maybe it's time for a "centrist" party to launch? One free from the shackles of the EU.

Party politics is a distraction, real power is elsewhere.

The bankers, especially Goldman Sachs are more powerful than government.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    It isn't well thought out is it?

Odd as it may seem I'm a Labour supporter at heart but couldn't find it in myself to vote for Blair and now hell would freeze over before I gave Corbyn and his cronies my vote.

Sadly, nationally May and Co are the best of a very poor choice of government.

Locally, I despair, more of the same though isn't the answer.

Maybe it's time for a "centrist" party to launch? One free from the shackles of the EU.
    This is interesting Grist, I agree about Blair and to be honest have not followed Corbyn closely enough to form a reliable opinion. My question is who would be your kind of Labour leader?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast