+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: b.o.d

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Francis, - fair enough, if that is / was the case.

However, I tend to lean more towards Aloreburn, - we need to give the guys a break.

I'd far rather that they got things right on the pitch than appear here, there and everywhere on the whim of Tom, Dick and Harry.

Saturday was the first time in what seems like ages that there was a feel good factor at Palmerston and that's what we as fans should be asking of the BOD

There’s been enough negativity around the club this season without a meaningless thread like this Donny

y would the board not attent as has been said they normally attent and make a small speach

im not saying they should stay all night but surely at least 1 of them should attend and show the fans they do appreciate us cause they do nothing other than the odd silly statement on the official site to actually show appreciation

Got a message from Mark on Saturday night before we left for the dance saying hope all goes well tonight great result today hope it makes for a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by luke11 View Post
    Got a message from Mark on Saturday night before we left for the dance saying hope all goes well tonight great result today hope it makes for a good one.
    Good to hear. Blount attended the Ibrox Testimonial Dinner for Lyle.

Donny,

I haven't had an opportunity to read the Standard today, but the front page does not look good, - and that may have been praying deeply on the minds of the BOD.

I think you have reflected on what has been aired on this thread and you make what I think is a very pertinent point: "im not saying they should stay all night but surely at least 1 of them should attend and show the fans they do appreciate us"

In essence, you are accepting that the BOD have lives outside football, and no doubt wives completely fed up to the back teeth and complaining of them attending matches, meetings etc, (as well as their own full time jobs) and so even a brief appearance from one of the BOD to acknowledge the tremendous efforts of the fans would be appreciated.

It is definitely a two way street and we must be mindful that at the end of the day, we are all doing our level best for the club, so any nagging doubts should be couched in terms which don't directly offend. Rightly, or wrongly I did find your initial post was quite offensive, - but fair play to you, you have modified your approach and you have suggested a fairly reasonable compromise.

Now the Standard.................as Burns would say "An forward though I canny see, I guess and fear"

HUGE headline in Standard about the JT / QOS tribunal which is scheduled to start today and run for another two but the
    actual story is tiny in comparison !

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    HUGE headline in Standard about the JT / QOS tribunal which is scheduled to start today and run for another two but the
    actual story is tiny in comparison !

Never ever believe everything you hear in the pub or on the terracing. Let them get on with it , the club doesn’t need anymore negativity surrounding it

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Donny,

I haven't had an opportunity to read the Standard today, but the front page does not look good, - and that may have been praying deeply on the minds of the BOD.

I think you have reflected on what has been aired on this thread and you make what I think is a very pertinent point: "im not saying they should stay all night but surely at least 1 of them should attend and show the fans they do appreciate us"

In essence, you are accepting that the BOD have lives outside football, and no doubt wives completely fed up to the back teeth and complaining of them attending matches, meetings etc, (as well as their own full time jobs) and so even a brief appearance from one of the BOD to acknowledge the tremendous efforts of the fans would be appreciated.

It is definitely a two way street and we must be mindful that at the end of the day, we are all doing our level best for the club, so any nagging doubts should be couched in terms which don't directly offend. Rightly, or wrongly I did find your initial post was quite offensive, - but fair play to you, you have modified your approach and you have suggested a fairly reasonable compromise.

Now the Standard.................as Burns would say "An forward though I canny see, I guess and fear"
    normally the board will come and give a wee speach and leave about 9 so its only 2 hours at most so just surprised and annoyed at there non attendence

Quote Originally Posted by donnydonnydukduk View Post
    normally the board will come and give a wee speach and leave about 9 so its only 2 hours at most so just surprised and annoyed at there non attendence
    Let's get this clear you expect the whole Board to turn give a speech then disappear. Due to circumstances I have not attended end of season dances for some time but I'm pretty sure no one from the Board turned up at the last one I attended. I'm also certain Willie Harkness never turned up at such events for obvious reasons.

Surely the Manager and a few players is quite adequate at such events.

one things for sure ,the board at some point need to address the situation of our dwindling ageing support ,with a public interview wheather it be on tv or radio or whatever ,the walk away fans need to hear some sort of rallying cry right from the top people at the club ,this trend of going backwards needs to be addressed asap to get the fans motivated to turn out at palmy .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)