+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The ref yesterday

The ref yesterday

I thought apart from a couple of decisions late on (handball in the area) he was the best ref I have seen this season imo.
    He was young and looked fit for a change instead of the little old fat idiots we usually get.

We said exactly the same.
    He used common sense and tried to let the game flow.
    He was a bit of a unit too so wasn’t going to be bullied.
    Speaking of units, I wonder if that paramedic has got his breath back yet?

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    We said exactly the same.
    He used common sense and tried to let the game flow.
    He was a bit of a unit too so wasn’t going to be bullied.
    Speaking of units, I wonder if that paramedic has got his breath back yet?

The ref dealt with the game well imo. Not his fault all the had clashes. The Lino on the Pavis stand was absolutely rubbish though! Missed so many things and couldn't keep up with the line of defence and missed so many off sides!
    The ambulance bloke...Poor guy. Wonder if he realised the biggest cheer was for him when he came on second time around! lol

What about when their goalie booted the ball into Stead's back, and then booked Stead? The loopy sod wasn't even looking in their direction.

A few of us where I sit also commented on the referee in that he seemed the best we had down the lane for some time. This was around the 70min mark.

Then after this the ref waved away shouts for a penalty when a Yeovil player hand balled it in the box. Then he gave Yeovil a free kick when their goalkeeper kicked the ball out and it hit the back of Stead and he booked Stead.

In spite of the few things mentioned he was an improvement on others.

First of all, it was a stonewall penalty.
    Second , I couldn’t fathom why Stead was booked because Notts have lost 3 goals against Cambridge in similar circumstances over the past 2 or 3 years.
    Otherwise I agree that the ref was one of the best of this season.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    A few of us where I sit also commented on the referee in that he seemed the best we had down the lane for some time. This was around the 70min mark.

Then after this the ref waved away shouts for a penalty when a Yeovil player hand balled it in the box. Then he gave Yeovil a free kick when their goalkeeper kicked the ball out and it hit the back of Stead and he booked Stead.

In spite of the few things mentioned he was an improvement on others.
    It probably helped that he turned a blind eye to the stonewall penalty that Yeovil should have been given in the 10th minute & the fact that we won 4-1 but I agree he was one of the better ones.

Quote Originally Posted by boland View Post
    First of all, it was a stonewall penalty.
    Second , I couldn’t fathom why Stead was booked because Notts have lost 3 goals against Cambridge in similar circumstances over the past 2 or 3 years.
    Otherwise I agree that the ref was one of the best of this season.
    Are you talking about the " stonewall " one they had in the first half . Come on Notts fans , we would have been screaming for it . Or the debatable handball in the 2nd for us ?

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Are you talking about the " stonewall " one they had in the first half . Come on Notts fans , we would have been screaming for it . Or the debatable handball in the 2nd for us ?
    Yes we would have been screaming for it but screaming for it proves nothing. It wasn't as clear-cut or as "stonewall" as was the deliberate handball by the Yeovil defender who had no-one close to him AND it was in the line of sight of the referee. In the Kop we all saw it and went barmy but going barmy proves nothing either, however there WAS a clear deflection of the ball that could only have been made by an outstretched arm.
    Last edited by LaxtonLad; 22-04-2018 at 07:23 PM.

He was decent yesterday, however if it was 0-0 and he still didn't give the handball he'd be berated no doubt