+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stevie Mallans Dad

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Just that bite we're missing in midfield too.
    Agree , all for the sake of £300k extra

Too much emphasis on quantity. However, hindsight is a wonderful thing. When i think of all the money we shelled out on Mowatt, Mallan and Mcgeehan not to play them it makes the Scowen decision all the more baffling.

Did Hecky want to retain him? Who can say?

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Too much emphasis on quantity. However, hindsight is a wonderful thing. When i think of all the money we shelled out on Mowatt, Mallan and Mcgeehan not to play them it makes the Scowen decision all the more baffling.

Did Hecky want to retain him? Who can say?
    Yes he did mate

Straight off the bat, hecky wanted keep scowen 100% but he wanted go and play darn sarf. Probably already tapped up by qpr ages ago.

As far as I’m aware he would have stayed, liked it up here

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    As far as I’m aware he would have stayed, liked it up here
    Bang on. Read somewhere he felt under valued and still had monk on about being played out of position during promotion season. However, I also read that about him wanting to stay and like Roberts he would have done had the club put up the money. What they offered him in contract negotiations confirmed his suspicions that he was under valued. Hence him going to QPR.

Hes on 12k a week at rangers int he? How much did we offer? Bout half maybe a dunno. Not sayin its always darn to money but he were too good t be gettin paid peanuts.

Quote Originally Posted by bankendbfc View Post
    Hes on 12k a week at rangers int he? How much did we offer? Bout half maybe a dunno. Not sayin its always darn to money but he were too good t be gettin paid peanuts.
    Nowhere near half of 12k

Whether they are right or not, I wish these players dads would keep their noses out of our first team affairs and stop blabbing about it on social media. Surely its got nothing to do with them anyway, even if it does involve their sons.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123