+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Europe here we come

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Now we are playing competitive football instead of daft friendlies.

Give the likes of Wells and Taylor some proper game time too!

Might force Mike Garlick to release another £20 million to bolster the squad numbers, which can't be all bad can it?
    I think it might be easier to prize money out of Garlick if you find some dirt on him

Clean living, honest, transparent and a God fearing Christian is our Mike, it will be impossible to extort money out of him!

On the other hand he has already alluded to the need to build a squad capable of competing across four different fronts.

He cited the difficulties FC Cologne have encountered by not building up their squad once they had qualified for Europe.

Onwards and forwards!

Now we are playing competitive football instead of daft friendlies.
    But how many competitive games are we playing between July 26th and the end of August, and where are we playing them, how much travelling is involved. We have no answer to any of those three questions, we simply don't know, we can't know, so planning goes out of the window, we'll have to fly by the seat of our pants. Something which Sean Dyche has most certainly NOT based his successful career on so far.

Clean living, honest, transparent and a God fearing Christian is our Mike.... .
    Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I think it might be easier to prize money out of Garlick if you find some dirt on him

if their was an alter ego.....

I can understand the difficulties the Club will have but,personally,I am looking forward to a trip(s) abroad to watch the Clarets.There are also a lot of Clubs around us,surely we can arrange friendlies with some of them even if it is behind closed doors.

Be positive.I have never been to Italy,Switzerland,Sweden or Norway so can't wait to see the draw.

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    I can understand the difficulties the Club will have but,personally,I am looking forward to a trip(s) abroad to watch the Clarets.There are also a lot of Clubs around us,surely we can arrange friendlies with some of them even if it is behind closed doors.

Be positive.I have never been to Italy,Switzerland,Sweden or Norway so can't wait to see the draw.
    First round - FC Balzers in Liechtenstein. Meet you there Barrie and it's your turn to get the ale in!

First round - FC Balzers in Liechtenstein. Meet you there Barrie and it's your turn to get the ale in!
    Don’t we start in the second round?

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Flight to Vaduz?

Never been to Liechtenstein either (Has anybody?).

Once we know for certainty where and when I will be speaking to my friends in the Travel Agents.Think it's your round though.might be too expensive for me in Liechtenstein!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    I wasn't being literal OC just OUR first round. Talking of rounds I don't care where we meet Barrie, with the amount of money you have to chuck about you're buying.

More 18 hour days selling the Big Issue then!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)