+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: All quiet on the takeover thingy

Quote Originally Posted by G Unit View Post
    Exactly. Us new members from the real world know Csaba has to go. Hopefully not matter soon with new owners I’m sure he’ll be out
    Unless it’s the Americans from dens that buy and they have a secret plan to run united into the ground.

In which case they will keep csaba as part of plan to make us laughing stock and destroy united 😂

If you think the majority of these players are good enough then Csaba should be sacked.

If you think these players are crap then Csaba should stay.

I think these players are crap, with terrible attitudes and zero hunger.

When Csaba brought in Ralston and Mohsni we improved. Two players with talent but most importantly, the right attitude.

For Csaba to work with his predecessor's best mates, a broken squabbling squad with a serious attitude problem and a ****e window in January where only ****e is available and to get them to finish 3rd is an achievement in itself. I've said it 100 times or more. I blame the players far more than I blame Csaba and I've watched every game Csaba has managed at United.

Now he deserves the chance to get his staff, his own players with the right attitude and the time to build something.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    If you think the majority of these players are good enough then Csaba should be sacked.

When Csaba brought in Ralston and Mohsni we improved. Two players with talent but most importantly, the right attitude.

For Csaba to work with his predecessor's best mates, a broken squabbling squad with a serious attitude problem and a ****e window in January where only ****e is available and to get them to finish 3rd is an achievement in itself. I've said it 100 times or more. I blame the players far more than I blame Csaba and I've watched every game Csaba has managed at United.

Now he deserves the chance to get his staff, his own players with the right attitude and the time to build something.
    To a degree I do agree with you. The circumstances in which he has found himself are very difficult for him to show himself in his best light. There is also no question that stability is absolutely paramount for our future. We have so far gone down the Rangers approach to coming up of short term older, over paid players from the higher league. And just like with them, it hasn't worked.

However, the problem is the toxicity of the situation we are in. Csaba has a very impressive CV and the notion he is an awful manager is skewed. However despite this he as not done enough in his time to win over the vast majority of the fanbase. It is very hard to look past the fact that we were 1st when he took over and finished a very distant 3rd, before being put out by a very ordinary Livi team. Also I'm not sure you could point to a single player he has been coaching for the last 6 months that he has helped improve? Again there may be mitigating circumstances but he simply hasn't put a case forward for himself. The reality would be unless we got off to a flier, there would be unrest and division in the stands. (To be honest there is a chance that could happen regardless). But Ram's point regarding finances and needing that to be sorted first is very true.

I think if there are going to be new owners, it is time for a complete new start for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post

Exactly. The blame this season lies squarely with the players who have been a disgrace to the club this season. Decent managers don't become rubbish overnight for no reason.

If you look at his record csaba has never had sustained success.

Whatever the standard of the players his decision making was obviously really poor throughout the whole of his time.

Most costly and obvious, recent example was v Livi.

1st leg
    Csaba complains all week about tiredness.

60 mins everyone is screaming out for subs

He waits until 77 mins to bring on Emil Lyng

That had nothing to do with application of players. It was all about him making basic errors

He cost us that tie.

The manager's CV is irrelevant, as is the argument that the players are crap. CL was offered the position and he accepted it knowing what players he would have at his disposal, as well as being given a budget to add his own signings.

As far as I am concerned, we have gone backwards since he took over. Yes the quality of squad he inherited was abysmal but I think most people would agree that our results during his tenure could and should have been better. Better tactics, coaching and recruitment since December would have seen us promoted.

It's time for a fresh start. From the board to the manager and players.

I think we should call time on Csaba's reign now. Yes, the players have mostly been rank. I'd only keep Moshni, Denis, Fyvie, Fraser and King from the current 1st team. I doubt we'll get Ralston again, but he'd be welcome also.

But a signing like thon boy Lyng? If that's the standard of player he thinks Is good enough for DUFC then Csaba should be toast asap. I'm saddened that we need yet another change of manager, I yearn for a bit of stability and a capable manager. But I just haven't seen any improvement since Csaba took the job. So, I think he should go and we get a new boy in to start from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Unless it’s the Americans from dens that buy and they have a secret plan to run united into the ground.

In which case they will keep csaba as part of plan to make us laughing stock and destroy united ��
    To be fair the current regime are doing their best to run United into the ground and make us a laughing stock without any help from the Dens Road septic tanks ��. I think Csaba is Wagner in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by UnitedArabEmAright View Post
    we have gone backwards since he took over. Yes the quality of squad he inherited was abysmal but I think most people would agree that our results during his tenure could and should have been better.
    Arabs of a certain vintage will remember this kind of analysis being talked about a new manager by the name of Jim McLean.

Fortunately, he was given time to build his own squad and was judged on that rather than what he did with a previous manager's squad.

The United way then. Now it seems we just sack rather than back.

His ramblings at Friday mornings team talk, should be the final nail.
    Apparently left the players in total bewilderment.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)