+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: All quiet on the takeover thingy

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    But that is just the straw that broke the camels back for me! There are many other things that he has done that say to me he doesnt have the nous to keep us heading forward.

I am with you on the players as that is accepted from within Tannadice that the players are just not up to it. However, if the issue has been identified by MM and Shabba, why the hell were the bad apples permitted to continue undermining the management?
    Only those in the dressing room will know the answer to that.

Fortunately most of the current squad aren't likely to be here next year.

But that is just the straw that broke the camels back for me! There are many other things that he has done that say to me he doesnt have the nous to keep us heading forward.

I am with you on the players as that is accepted from within Tannadice that the players are just not up to it. However, if the issue has been identified by MM and Shabba, why the hell were the bad apples permitted to continue undermining the management?
    Chick what I can say is it's not easy to get rid of bad apples overnight. In a world of contracts, agents, HR, protected employment status, solicitors, it's not happening quickly. Mostly you just have to work with it until the chance does come and meanwhile it does affect performance.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Chick what I can say is it's not easy to get rid of bad apples overnight. In a world of contracts, agents, HR, protected employment status, solicitors, it's not happening quickly. Mostly you just have to work with it until the chance does come and meanwhile it does affect performance.
    But you can drop em and tell em not to turn up to training! I have seen mention of unrest, which if true and affecting the week to week performances of players who we expect to do better, then someone needs to come out and say something and put up a convincing argument to get behind Shabba. But it is he who should have been getting on top of the unrest!

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    I offer my opinion. I don't need facts to back it up. I have always maintained that a manager, any manager, cannot be judged without getting a full preseason to build something.

My opinion on that has not changed.

And you couldn't be more wrong. Tannadice will not be empty.

The fact that backs me up is that I will be there. And I won't be alone.

Everyone has their opinions. That's football.
    PF I said Tannadice will empty under this coach, you say it won't. How many season tickets do you think we'll sell to fans who can only expect more of the same?

But you can drop em and tell em not to turn up to training! I have seen mention of unrest, which if true and affecting the week to week performances of players who we expect to do better, then someone needs to come out and say something and put up a convincing argument to get behind Shabba. But it is he who should have been getting on top of the unrest!
    For all we know maybe he did. Bottom line was the coach wasn't good enough to motivate the players, choose the formations and the timing of substitutions. And the players weren't good enough to win the games needed.

New coach new players, asap

PF I said Tannadice will empty under this coach, you say it won't. How many season tickets do you think we'll sell to fans who can only expect more of the same?
    We will sell less than this year but more than you think.

I don't have a figure for you but our fans are magnificent and will back.

We will still be biggest in league in terms of support.

And I certainly dont expect more if the same. I expect an improvement.

We will sell less than this year but more than you think.

I don't have a figure for you but our fans are magnificent and will back.

We will still be biggest in league in terms of support.

And I certainly dont expect more if the same. I expect an improvement.
    I agree the fans are magnificent, especially away from home

But my point is that if Csaba stays the fans will not expect an improvement. They will expect EXACTLY THE SAME

So we will still sell less than last year, which is less than the previous year.
    That's a pattern and not a good one.

Ditch Csaba, bring in McCall and ride a new wave mate

I agree the fans are magnificent, especially away from home

But my point is that if Csaba stays the fans will not expect an improvement. They will expect EXACTLY THE SAME

So we will still sell less than last year, which is less than the previous year.
    That's a pattern and not a good one.

Ditch Csaba, bring in McCall and ride a new wave mate
    You will expect exactly the same. Not all fans agree with you. Not all fans agree with me either. You are guessing that most fans will expect exactly the same.

And no to McCall thank you. That's not a wave I wish to ride. Csaba Laszlo for me.

You will expect exactly the same. Not all fans agree with you. Not all fans agree with me either. You are guessing that most fans will expect exactly the same.

And no to McCall thank you. That's not a wave I wish to ride. Csaba Laszlo for me.
    OK rather like "Mike Martin" you have nailed your colours.

So tell me this

What if the table looks like this after 12 games?

ICT
    Partick
    Ross C
    Dunfermline
    United

will you sack him then? Once we've failed yet again?
    Once we've reached mid table mediocrity?

Or stick with him for the whole season and the disappointment it brings?

LS has set out very well all the reasons why he has shown he's not the guy
    You have not set out one reason why he IS the guy.

So how long exactly will you give him? The whole season? While we melt down more?

Where's your line

and dismissing McCall, a tried and tested coach with a good eye for a player and tactics is not helping your case Frank!
    Last edited by stokearab; 12-05-2018 at 12:45 AM.

OK rather like "Mike Martin" you have nailed your colours.

So tell me this

What if the table looks like this after 12 games?

ICT
    Partick
    Ross C
    Dunfermline
    United

will you sack him then? Once we've failed yet again?
    Once we've reached mid table mediocrity?

Or stick with him for the whole season and the disappointment it brings?

LS has set out very well all the reasons why he has shown he's not the guy
    You have not set out one reason why he IS the guy.

So how long exactly will you give him? The whole season? While we melt down more?

Where's your line
    What's Mike Martin got to do with it?

All hypothecticals and opinion.

If we are failing then of course that can't go on forever. It all depends on how things unfold. But he must get a fair chance.

What if we are top or competing at the top. Will you still insist on him being sacked?
    Last edited by PortugueseFrank; 12-05-2018 at 12:49 AM.

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)