+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: All quiet on the takeover thingy

Has Arab87 got anymore info?

Seems it wasn't as much of a done deal as they had been told.

Are we still on the diligence or what?

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post

My money's on the Snake holding out for every little last brass farthing he can squeeze out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    My money's on the Snake holding out for every little last brass farthing he can squeeze out of it.
    He probably waiting on any development regarding Armstrong leaving the Tattiemunchers. One last big payment into the Bank of Thompson before he phucks off.

Was a makey upper.

Maybe he’s waiting on Armstrong money coming in (& another Robertson instalment)

Lower our debt is, his shares are (maybe) worth a bit more.
    Would put nothing past him.

Would be handy if ArabTrust could muster up the courage to ask a question or 2 with regards to it eh..

To be fair, if I win the lottery tomorrow and go to buy the majority stake in the club I want complete confidentiality until the deal is done. I don't have a problem with the lack of info. These things should be done in private.

However, some info has apparently got out and it looks like Arab87 was either sold a yarn or tried to sell us a yarn with the info that the deal was done and was just in due diligence.

For what's it's worth, if it is part of some multi club project then I can completely understand why things are going slowly.

The deal may be reliant on other things happening elsewhere before the final signatures are laid down.

Quote Originally Posted by PartyFears2 View Post
    Would be handy if ArabTrust could muster up the courage to ask a question or 2 with regards to it eh..
    What questions would you ask if you could?

Bearing in mind that you wouldn't be able to get any info that is covered by non disclosure agreements.

I've been involved in NDAs before in business. You don't **** about with them. Everything can come crashing down and you could then lose a **** ton of money into the bargain.

What questions would you ask if you could?

Bearing in mind that you wouldn't be able to get any info that is covered by non disclosure agreements.

I've been involved in NDAs before in business. You don't **** about with them. Everything can come crashing down and you could then lose a **** ton of money into the bargain.
    There are 2 scenarios here, and only 2 if I have this right

1 Mike Martin is telling the truth in his interviews and we won't hear anything until a deal is done or falls through.

In this scenario, if the deal falls through he might have to be convincing with information as to who and why, otherwise scenario 2 might be considered to be in play

2 He is not telling the truth and continues to spin us along ST style, at some point having to say the deal has fallen through. (aka The Gunboat season ticket scenario)

Who knows. I'm in scenario 1 camp, gullible head in the sand happy clapper guy that I am

Allegedly the ex Arabtrust Associate Director who is still on the board Colin Stewart was loose lipped at the weekend after a few drinks and said he didn't like the American according to some that was in his company.

Oops.
    Last edited by PortugueseFrank; 12-06-2018 at 12:48 AM.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)