+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Looking Forward To Going To Grimsby

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    what's this about fatty burning flags then ?
    Chubby apparently kicked off, threatening to burn the Union Jack.....again.....he has posted anti-Royalty stuff a few times now........the thread was deleted

Disclaimer.....Tarquin was fast asleep with the Naughty Nurse and the Giant Rabbit......my first threesome of 2018, it was furry good

Gonna go down the lane last Saturday with " the queen is a s**g " on a St George's flag then burn it . Normal Saturday afternoon for fatty.

Picking our tickets up today . Would expect Notts to sell out the full 1800 allocation. Looking forward to it

Quote Originally Posted by TheNottinghamMan View Post
    Picking our tickets up today . Would expect Notts to sell out the full 1800 allocation. Looking forward to it
    Got mine yesterday , the bloke in the office said they have nearly sold out the initial allocation of around 1100 . 700 more on offer and I would expect all of them to be snapped up.

Some of the thread was about freedom of speech, and a few of the reactionaries on here were claiming they’re all for it. I speculated that if I went down Meadow Lane on Saturday and burnt a cross of St George and held a banner up calling the queen a nasty name, they may not be quite so liberal and I think the entire thread got pulled. Tarquin can apparently go on about how he despises a 7th of the world’s population and that’s alright though.

These are complicated ideas which is why Captain Birdseye struggles to cope with them.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Some of the thread was about freedom of speech, and a few of the reactionaries on here were claiming they’re all for it. I speculated that if I went down Meadow Lane on Saturday and burnt a cross of St George and held a banner up calling the queen a nasty name, they may not be quite so liberal and I think the entire thread got pulled. Tarquin can apparently go on about how he despises a 7th of the world’s population and that’s alright though.

These are complicated ideas which is why Captain Birdseye struggles to cope with them.
    First of all, thanks for the promotion .
    You actually said you WERE ( better sid ? ) going to burn the St George flag with the queen is a s**g scrawled across it . You're just trying to backtrack now . No surprise there . Finally, I would never dream of saying I would burn any countries flag let alone the one I was born under . Freedom of speech or not.
    Last edited by navypie; 24-04-2018 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post

Threatening to burn our National Flag and saying disgusting things about our Queen bears no resemblance to me having my own personal views on a certain religion ( despise - feel contempt or a deep repugnance for.)

IF I had threatened to take a flag of any Muslim country and a picture of Muhammad, and burn it in full view of the public, then I fully expect to be arrested for incitement or hate speech.

You appear to not understand any normal civilised boundaries and I am surprised that you are still typing on here, let alone trying to defend yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Threatening to burn our National Flag and saying disgusting things about our Queen bears no resemblance to me having my own personal views on a certain religion ( despise - feel contempt or a deep repugnance for.)

IF I had threatened to take a flag of any Muslim country and a picture of Muhammad, and burn it in full view of the public, then I fully expect to be arrested for incitement or hate speech.

You appear to not understand any normal civilised boundaries and I am surprised that you are still typing on here, let alone trying to defend yourself.
    Thanks for proving my point.

Whilst walking the dog I occasionally chat to a Notts fan when my route takes me pass his house. We first started talking when he noticed my Notts jacket , told me used to go all the time but struggles with his health these days so hasn't been for some time. Anyway, walking past his house today I saw him with a chap and he introduced me to his son who was visiting from his home in Australia. He told me was also a Notts fan and had took his dad to the last 2 home games .He then said they were going to Grimsby but was slightly worried about his dad making the journey at which point his dad shouts " shut up John, nothing, not even your mother is going to stop me " . Brilliant ! He's going back to Oz next week so will miss the Luton game and the play offs (assuming we don't go up automatically ). I'm thinking of offering to take him but not sure my lad can put up with 2 old farts.
    Last edited by navypie; 24-04-2018 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Sorry navypie, but i wouldnt change Shola for Stead. Shola is the ideal partner for For Forte, that is the reason the results have picked up recently.. Grimsby are a physical side and if Stead were to play he would spend most of the time on his ar*e

I agree with the other changes though..
    Husin for Noble please!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast