+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OSC Nice

Aye we have SBRed and it's getting increasingly hard not to notice Morais tactical changes and line-ups. However, I'll reserve judgement until after Derby County game.

I previously said he deserved to be manager even in league 1. However, if he does take us down he's failed and needs to be replaced. I still like the bloke for now though

I like him azza bloke, mad azza box of frogs, the Kipper Jackson of coaches, good to evva pint with. Apparently a really nice, caring man.

Unfortunately a sh1te coach forra Championship dog feyt.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 23-04-2018 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    I like him azza bloke, mad azza box of frogs, the Kipper Jackson of coaches, good to evva pint with. Apparently a really nice, caring man.

Unfortunately a sh1te coach forra Championship dog feyt.
    We needed someone to go into dressing room and dish out some big speeches and get em' to watch a Rocky film or sumat.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Just for detail regarding French Lg1 European Qualification--

Position 1 Automatic entry to Champions League Group Stage

Position 2 ditto

Position 3 Entry to Play Off for Champions League Group Stage. If unsuccessful in Play Off then entry to Europa League

Position 4 Automatic entry to Europa league

Position 5 and below--nowt

The number from each country can vary according to latest UEFA Coefficients but that is the position for entry next season 2018/19.

OGC Nice will get nowt.
    I thought 5th place in their league was a Europa league qualifying position

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    I thought 5th place in their league was a Europa league qualifying position
    Al find thi a couple of sources to show what av sed iz reyt. Ignore Wiki, it's arta date due to change in UEFA Coefficients which determine how many places for each country. Am just watching Bill on tele. Pooast after 11-00

Pierre Lees-Melou's second-half goal gave OGC Nice a 1-0 win over Montpellier Hérault SC on Sunday and a precious three points in their quest for European qualification.

OGC Nice 1 - 0 Montpellier Hérault SC

THE MATCH

Lees-Melou struck just before the hour mark on a sun-kissed afternoon at the Allianz Riviera, profiting from some good play from Allan Saint-Maximin before lashing a low shot from range into the bottom corner (59').

Saint-Maximin came close to making it two late on, but Nice settled for a victory by the narrowest of margins, with even the presence of Mario Balotelli in attack unable to overly trouble the visiting defence.

It is just one defeat in eight outings now for Lucien Favre's side, with that a narrow reverse at home to the champions Paris Saint-Germain. It leaves them in a UEFA Europa League qualifying spot in fifth, four points clear of Montpellier. They are now eighth, their own European ambitions hit by this first Ligue 1 Conforama defeat since January.

Mmm, it contradicts the information from the sources below. Nice may be four points clear of Montpellier but are only one point clear of sixth spot.

Source 1 Google "tablesleague.com/france"
    Look at table, click on colours 1,2,3,4,5 next to team to show what that position indicates in terms of qualification.

Source 2 Google OGC Nice Official Website
    Scroll down to box headed "Matches". Click on "league Table". Click on light brown "Full League Table"--the black and white football symbols indicate Champions League spots, the brown/red symbol indicates Europa League.

I can only go on information given there for what I have posted. The Nice media man that wrote your info says different. There may be a Play Off starting in July for additional Europa League places that could explain the difference.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 23-04-2018 at 10:33 AM.

It was on Ligue 1 news that I looked at not from Nice but when I look at Nice page they are saying that the chance for Europe is still there

Good luck to em'

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    It was on Ligue 1 news that I looked at not from Nice but when I look at Nice page they are saying that the chance for Europe is still there
    It'll all cummart in the wesh.

I only provided the sources to show a dunt mek these things up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast