+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where were you......

Where were you......

......when then the news Burton Albion had sent Sunderland down?

Me, I was jet washing the drive.

....oh and laughing my fkin head off.

I checked the computer about 25 minutes before the end of the game as I was going to the beach. Iīd just set up the chairs and parasols when I checked the mobile. I burst out laughing and everyone with me couldnīt understand what was going on.

Got a Caipirinia straight in and had a smashing afternoon having a good read about it all. - the match thread on clowns r us was priceless.

Was sitting at home, after a day out with family.

Got told off by wife as i kept laughing at the baby was sleeping

I was on cloud nine!

I was in seventh heaven!

on a plane
    spewed me drink out laughing
    the people i was with didnt realise the significance of it and still dont understand why i would laugh at a teams demise

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    spewed me drink out laughing

Aye, it was one of those moments, like.

We were playing a gig in Hexham and the last I heard was it was 1 nil and the other results seemed to be favouring them too. We got back in the car in time for sports report on 5Live and I'd said to me mate 'can you imagine if Burton got a late equaliser!'

When they said 'and sunderland lose at home to Burton' I did a double, triple take and actually thought he must have read it wrong. Turned the radio up...no idea why, I could hear it perfectly well and just burst out llaughing when they said they were relegated.

Just finishing off the garden, checked score on PC after thinking the Cats had won 1-0 then laughed out loud, when final score came up -priceless. Quizzical looks from wife, explained the situation and then poured a whisky - never stopped laughing and dancing around the rooms all night Deep Joy

Watching Sky Sports,delighted when Burton equalised then went ahead,had an anxious minute when the Mackems got the ball in the net which was ruled out for handball.
    Then when it was announced they were down because of next weeks fixtures it made my weekend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)