+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Alloa v Ayr

Alloa v Ayr

Just watched Alloa/ Ayr game last night

Comparing it to much of the United stuff I have managed to see this year this game was a dozen times more entertaining.

Players wanting to go forward.
    Better crisper passing, less ball loss
    More players looking for space and take the ball
    Almost equal level of individual skill per player
    Every corner, throw in etc there was always an out ball. Corners more often resulted in an attacking throw in the opposing half as there was a chaser or out ball.

All in all there was very little in difference of quality, ability, and tactics with the league above. But most important was the increased levels of clear desire by the players.

Having watched Arbroath play a lot this season, I think a few of the players in United's first team squad would struggle to get in the starting 11 at Gayfield .

Arbroath, Alloa, Raith and Ayr are all in the play offs and at least one them , maybe 2, will be playing against United next season - these teams might prove to be more difficult to beat that the likes of Brechin or Dumbarton.......

If it’s Ayr & Raith then will be all full time teams in the division.

Let’s hope we won’t be there

Watched some myself, don't really agree

We've beaten Alloa tend this season, once with a weakened team in irn bru Cup, the other when confidence was at its lowest in January after the 6-1 reverse at Falkirk, we beat them away from home in the cup with Lyng scoring

the lower leagues are normally a hit or miss

could go to some games where they are dire and the balls in the air more than the ground but you do get some games were they are really entertaining and enjoyable to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    If it’s Ayr & Raith then will be all full time teams in the division.

Let’s hope we won’t be there
    Nightmare scenario would be us failing early in the play offs and Ayr & Raith replacing Brechin & Dumbarton at the bottom and 2 from Dundee/Partick/RC/Hamilton replacing St Mirren and Livi at the top !!

Arbroath have already beat Ayr twice this season and drawn twice with Raith - I would prefer Arbroath to win the play offs and have a local derby next season.

Quote Originally Posted by pertharab View Post
    Nightmare scenario would be us failing early in the play offs and Ayr & Raith replacing Brechin & Dumbarton at the bottom and 2 from Dundee/Partick/RC/Hamilton replacing St Mirren and Livi at the top !!
    Should things go the way i expect them, ICT and Livi/Dunfermline will be a season stronger with Falkirk recovering their form. Dundee who i think are safe, wont suffer for the drop if it happened. However, Hamilton, RC and Partick will do what ICT did this season but i doubt will have a second half recovery. I dont fear Raith/Ayr/Dumbarton for next season at all.

For us, fingers crossed we either create the miracle or can go and find the cash and type of player who will guarantee us getting up!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)