+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Panini World Cup Stickers 2018

Panini World Cup Stickers 2018

Time for the quadrennial sticker collection....despite turning 40 during this World Cup!

Anybody else collecting? I have a huge pile of swaps already. I've managed to swap on previous World Cups with quite a few off here so hoping I can do the same again.

Sorry, can't hep with the swap but there was a piece by some professor who had worked out that it will cost almost £800 to fill this album but doing swaps like you do, can reduce it to about £250

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ays-maths-prof

Not if you find like minded buddies to swap!

I had the 1978 album with Don Masson in it (and future pie Andy Gray), completed 1982 and started collecting them again when I had kids. Giving it a miss this year though, the price has shot up.

I am collecting the online version is anyone doing that?

I did 1974, 1978 and 1982, by which time I was 16 and decided it was about time I grew the fcuk up!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I did 1974, 1978 and 1982, by which time I was 16 and decided it was about time I grew the fcuk up!
    Can anyone remember the Notts one was it in 1981 ? Used to go mad collecting those. Still in the loft somewhere. Seemed to be a speight of David Hunt's, Tristan Benjamin's and Don Masson's. Think Mark Goodwin was the most difficult to get.

1981 (the year we went up) we had a small number of double-players on one sticker, then full sized sets for the three years in the top flight.

I think Panini stickers lost their stigma of being a kids thing years ago, I suspect it's mostly adults who collect them nowadays. When they first came out they'd only just evolved from cards being issued together with a stick of bubblegum inside, it's more akin to stamp collecting today than a playground pastime.