+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No one to fear

No one to fear

If the play off teams stay the same than there is no one we should fear or be weary off.

shrewsbury we beat in the last game we played.

charlton we was off form.

s****horpe any day off the week.

Charlton we was off form....what twice?

Them being the only side to do the double over us, it would be nice if we could get payback.

Let's not get carried away lads. Didn't we once do the double over Dagenham and Redbridge but they did us at Wembley? Have I got that right? Beating Scunny twice this season could be the exact same thing.

Beating the Shrews at theirs could be different again if we were to meet.

What we have to do is be on the very top and best of our game whoever we get, complacency is a dangerous attitude to have.

Ye you're right, I don't like the idea of playing someone we've beat twice as it's rare to beat a side three times in a season.

Who ever we get it will be tough and a bit of a lottery. Fingers crossed and enjoy the ride.

I don’t want us to play charlton simply because of the statement warne made before we played them in August. If manager tips them to be the ones to beat like he did it’s gonna shake ya confidence and the fact that we lost twice proves it did as far as I’m concerned

I suppose the big disadvantage of playing Charlton in the final, as someone said earlier is that they would have 40-50,000 behind them. Plymouth would have a massive following whereas S****horpe & Shrewsbury would be less than us.
    Mind you just because you take more supporters doesn’t mean anything. It just means more to go home disappointed.

The other disadvantage in playing Charlton is a good friend of mine supports them. They’ve beaten us twice already and I had enough of the gloating. The upside is if we win I get my revenge......for a whole year.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Charlton we was off form....what twice?
    Wasn’t Kettle reffing the Home game?

In that Charlton away game Warney played a strange formation with Williams behind Smith. It obviously wsan't working, but he waited until too late in the game to make any changes. We can't make mistakes like that in the play-offs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast