+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transfer Spends in Championship...

Transfer Spends in Championship...

...over last 2 1/2 seasons.

Top 4

Villa - £78m
    Mid - £72.3m
    Wolves - £49.1m
    Pigs - £43.1m

Bottom 4

Burton - £0.87m
    Bolton - £1m
    Blades - £3.8m
    Ipswich - £3.8m

Thanks MrMcCabe and the Prince for your generosity.

We've only been in the Championship for one season so it doesn't quite tell the whole story, but it's clearly a damning indictment of the board and their lack of ambition.

Before anyone responds with the usual answers, yes I know it's not my money, yes I know it's hard to run a football club, yes I know money doesn't buy success and no I don't want to end up another Portsmouth. Just to get that out of the way now to save some bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by mahatmafoot View Post
    ...over last 2 1/2 seasons.

Top 4

Villa - £78m
    Mid - £72.3m
    Wolves - £49.1m
    Pigs - £43.1m

Bottom 4

Burton - £0.87m
    Bolton - £1m
    Blades - £3.8m
    Ipswich - £3.8m

Thanks MrMcCabe and the Prince for your generosity.
    Source?

Sunderland have been paying Jack Rodwell 70k a week,I laughed when a Sunderland fan told me this over the weekend,and he wasn’t even their highest earner.

Football is forked in this country

Quote Originally Posted by GuancheBlade View Post
    Source?
    http://www.transferleague.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by GuancheBlade View Post
    Source?

Very sourcy....

Name:  be52976f322ee1d96a33cf59a77ba785.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  9.6 KB

Regardless of the source, (be it for the goose or the gander!,I'll let you choose who wears the trousers, McC or the prince) it's a pretty damning indictment of our owners particularly when compared to what we were told regarding funds when we were in a position to challenge in the Championship.

Still there'll be plenty of apologists along soon to tell me how great the owners are and how grateful we should be to them.

Keep doffing the caps, toe the line, give thanks fortnightly, after all we more than quadrupled Burton's spend.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Still there'll be plenty of apologists along soon to tell me how great the owners are and how grateful we should be to them.
    Or revising history, or using semantics to demonstrate that we were never told these things. And remember, the only possible alternative is what's happening at S6, so be grateful for what we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    Or revising history, or using semantics to demonstrate that we were never told these things. And remember, the only possible alternative is what's happening at S6, so be grateful for what we have.
    I tap my titfer daily!

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Regardless of the source, (be it for the goose or the gander!,I'll let you choose who wears the trousers, McC or the prince) it's a pretty damning indictment of our owners particularly when compared to what we were told regarding funds when we were in a position to challenge in the Championship.

Keep doffing the caps, toe the line, give thanks fortnightly, after all we more than quadrupled Burton's spend.
    Alternatively we could all say chuff it like you did more than a decade ago TT,who'd ya moan at then tho when they'd be no SHEFFIELD UNITED? We've had a good season in my view,yes it cudda/shudda been better but i've enjoyed it. Good result for Yorkshire by the way smashin Scabshire. UTCB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast