+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 6 quality signings

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    Hey, Michael Twiss was a legend
    We keep twisting when we should stick.

From the official list of "frees" in the summer i think a few will resign with their clubs but from what i saw you could make a decent 11 out of them.

One name that stood out for me and I'm not sure if he'll resign is Junior Hoilett.

Others include Abel Hernandez & Wes Hoolahan

i would take any of those 3.

The rest we are going to have to spend a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by gallonofmagnet View Post
    Gk - Jamal Blackman
    1.5m gets him which is nothing

Lb - Jack Robinson
    Free from QPR as not signing a new deal, upgrade on Stevens

Cb - Danny Batth
    Hardly played for wolves but still their club captain and knows the league. Solid.

Cm - Kasey Palmer
    Loan from Chelsea, full energy and can score a goal.

St - Lee Gregory
    Blade, handful and knows where net is if they dont go up.

St - Nakhi Wells
    Not going to get a game at Burnley, pacy and can score.

Just over 5m here.. **** all!
    Your definition of quality may not be everyone elses GoM

Quote Originally Posted by boltonblade View Post
    From the official list of "frees" in the summer i think a few will resign with their clubs but from what i saw you could make a decent 11 out of them.

One name that stood out for me and I'm not sure if he'll resign is Junior Hoilett.

Others include Abel Hernandez & Wes Hoolahan

i would take any of those 3.

The rest we are going to have to spend a bit.
    All well beyond our budget mate.

Quote Originally Posted by gallonofmagnet View Post
    Gk - Jamal Blackman
    1.5m gets him which is nothing

Lb - Jack Robinson
    Free from QPR as not signing a new deal, upgrade on Stevens

Cb - Danny Batth
    Hardly played for wolves but still their club captain and knows the league. Solid.

Cm - Kasey Palmer
    Loan from Chelsea, full energy and can score a goal.

St - Lee Gregory
    Blade, handful and knows where net is if they dont go up.

St - Nakhi Wells
    Not going to get a game at Burnley, pacy and can score.

Just over 5m here.. **** all!
    I'd take 1, 2 and 6.

Blackman has shown himself to be a fine keeper. Yes there are a few mistakes, but he's a young man.
    Danny Batth was a rock with Stearman. Don't reinvent the wheel. Dependant on him having completed his quarantine from the oinkers.
    Nakhi Wells. 27 now. Should be in the peak of his career. Always got a goal in him. Might be a bit too foreign. Has been used to higher wages.

yeah would agree with a few of those names jamal a definete yes john egan i think is definetly on chris's radar as is gregory i think wells could be an interesting one as well gallagher i like but wages could be an issue marshall also a definete yes from me and i also like adam armstrong in any case i reckon we do need 6 in and i would expect probably 3 of them to be loans again

QPR fan at work reckons Robinson is gash. Would be happy (not gonna happen) with the rest

somebody on we are united site has posted a list of out of contract players this summer some tasty names on there including marshall and gregory be 2 good signings if we could afford there wages mind i do think were gonna have to increase our wage structure to attract some of these players and i know people will say it could ruin team spirit but i think its gonna have to be considered if we are to continue challenging for top 6 utb ftp

Marshall has a year left at Wolves and Millwall have an option to extend Gregory's by a year.

There's another good Robinson option for LWB, Antonee Robinson from Everton, who's on loan at Bolton. Genuine attacking full back with good skill and pace. If he was available permanently he'd be a great buy IMO. If not then a loan would be good.

so if we offer him a higher salary than mighty millwall we could get him then oh well thats us out of running then i suppose lol in all seriousness if we cant pay more than millwall its time to pack in !!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast