+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Plotting to get Jay Rod, Dawson and Phillips too...

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    I wonder if we should go for Celtics Rogic who is entering the final year of his contract and being fancied by Southampton to team up with vanDijk, whilst Rogers won’t stand in his way.
    TM value at £2.25m means we could probably get him for under £10m
    What's the TM value of Southampton's vanDijk ?

TM value at £2.25m
    Which is much less than 95 million euros, which is the estimated size of the gap Brexit will leave in the EU's 2021-27 budget.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    You're doing it on purpose now OC
    It's just our little game 59/60, a harmless bit of fun. Unfortunately for me, it's much easier for OC to play, all he has to do is click onto TM, I have to search for some stats just as irrelevant as the TM value. Not difficult at all, but whereas it takes OC 10 seconds, it can take me up to two minutes. So I'm going to get fed up with it before OC does. Ah well, you can't win 'em all.
    Last edited by sinkov; 03-05-2018 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    What's the TM value of Southampton's vanDijk ?
    Ok Sinkov both barrels here
    Liverpool’s VD is £45M and they paid £70m for him.
    Southampton’s one was worth £25m when sold and they got him from Celtic for £14m where his value was £4.5m, who got him from Groningen for £2.7m when he was valued at £2.7m.
    Celtic did well as they had a sell on clause.

Joe Allen may be impressive for Wales on occasions but feel his best days are behind him. He hasn’t exactly dominated midfield for Stoke this season and we can definitely do better than him to strengthen our midfield. As for Dawson and Jay Rod I think they can both be useful additions but I hope everyone isn’t getting carried away by the sentimentality in all this. Very rarely when someone goes back to his former club does it work out.

I am a bit underwhelmed with talk of JRod returning.

Going back CAN work Mal, but it usually doesn't.

Good Example - Robbie Blake was superb in his second spell.

Bad Example - Ade was poor in his second spell.

The buying and selling of Akinbaye kept us afloat.

Ok Sinkov both barrels here
    Liverpool’s VD is £45M and they paid £70m for him.
    Southampton’s one was worth £25m when sold and they got him from Celtic for £14m where his value was £4.5m, who got him from Groningen for £2.7m when he was valued at £2.7m.
    Celtic did well as they had a sell on clause.
    Bloody hell OC, it's hilarious, those values are all over the place. They did get the Groningen one right though, that must have been pure luck, a bit like backing Foinavon when it won the National at 100/1.

There seems to be a bit of a problem for some with the fact that Jay has played for us before. I don't see that as relevant, he's a 28 year old England international with a good few years left in him yet, an established PL striker, and playing for the bottom of the League this season he's scored more goals than any of our own strikers have. If we can afford him, if we can pay his wages, if Dyche thinks he will fit in and do a job for us, then do it, I can't see what the problem is.

Yes, he had a good season for us six years ago when we were a middling Championship club (14 league goals).

He was young (22) and talented.He scored 26 goals in five years at Southampton and won his international cap.

He got a shocking injury in this time which set him back badly.

This season he has scored nine goals in a struggling West Brom team.

In his career he has played 261 games, scoring 68 times.

I am not dissing him, he is a decent player, but if he hadn't played for Burnley would we really be interested in him?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)