+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What are we worth ?

According to companies house,this year's accounts are overdue.

They are back to the ready to go version of Ashley is a class owner and we should be happy he has doubled the debt but made us better off financially!!! Only Mackems could come up with such nonsense

I’ve never accepted the argument that he didn’t carry out due dilligence properly - it would be a ridiculous mistake for a company of its standing.
    If NUFC was any other business apart from a football club then Ashley has done a sterling job. There lies the misunderstanding on his part - a good financial prrformance is not too important at a footballclub - the team winning, the tradition and the fans are.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    I’ve never accepted the argument that he didn’t carry out due dilligence properly - it would be a ridiculous mistake for a company of its standing.
    To be fair, the man himself admitted he didn't.

As you say-a ridiculous mistake.

https://www.theguardian.com/football....premierleague

Perhaps they didn’t dot all the i’s and cross the t’s but it’s not possible they didn’t look at the basic balance sheet to know the debt situation -it’s just not possible!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    To be fair, the man himself admitted he didn't.

As you say-a ridiculous mistake.

https://www.theguardian.com/football....premierleague
    The fact that he didn't do due diligence is neither here nor there the debt was there and it was just he didn't see it.

Had another purchaser been around and done due diligence then it would have been discussed with SJH and FFS and an arrangement to include it in the price would have ensued.

It had to be covered one way or another. It was a genuine debt and the club had had the benefit of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Nobody knows.He will be taking the so called loan on top of valuation if sold.Also he has done alright with Sports Direct more than doubling in share price and value.
    Oh and by the way.For a successful businessman you don't know much about business.The club is owned lock stock and barrel by Ashley.We have no shareholders so there is no dividend to be paid.
    cant he take a dividend out

i own my company and stil take dividends
    i take a basic wage and dividends

Dividend is a sum of money paid to shareholders.What you are doing is not taking a dividend.Look up the meaning of the word.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Dividend is a sum of money paid to shareholders.What you are doing is not taking a dividend.Look up the meaning of the word.
    Correctomundo !

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)