+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: St George's day

It's the racism implicit in your criticism of the English celebrating their national day that concerns me BT. It's something you constantly harp on about, but on August 14th, St David's Day, St Patrick's Day etc, you're quiet as a church mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It's the racism implicit in your criticism of the English celebrating their national day that concerns me BT. It's something you constantly harp on about, but on August 14th, St David's Day, St Patrick's Day etc, you're quiet as a church mouse.
    When we have a sitting Government in Westminster, England who take great delight in creating a "hostile environment" for non-British aliens who they claim should be rounded up and deported, is it any wonder?

Never let the truth get in the way of Labour dogma. BT
    Labour let in far too many immigrants, the voters didn’t like it and Labour and the Tory’s promised to reduce migration. The developer of the hostile environment policy and the decision on Windrush cards was Alan Johnson Labour Home Secretary in 2009 -10. Voters removed him and May was left with a policy being implemented.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-43835664

So...is Labour policy to allow illegal immigrants to stay?

That's a bit of a change from Alan Johnson's "hostile environment", eh?

Nit picking and being pedantic does not excuse institutional racism.

Johnson referred to our system creating a hostile environment for immigrants who did not play by the Queensbury rules.

May and Rudd have made it their way to target and deport immigrants who have played by the Queensbury rules their whole lives, but then again the Windrush generation are black so in Tory eyes that doesn't really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    So...is Labour policy to allow illegal immigrants to stay?

That's a bit of a change from Alan Johnson's "hostile environment", eh?
    Theywill have to let them stay because they have no idea where over 500,000 have disappeared to.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Fair play to the lefty rag BT, at least they were truthful and accurate in their headline, regarding the creation of a hostile environment for ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS. For some reason you chose to use the words 'non-british aliens' instead. I wonder why you chose to distort the truth ? Do you have an objection to a government creating a hostile environment for anyone, never mind immigrants, acting illegally ? And if so, why ?

I do have a major problem with any government creating an hostile environment within its own boundaries.

We are not living in Stalinist Russia, not yet anyway, but give her time...

Attachment 9294

"Flags are divisive, they represent exclusion to other non-members of their tribe or clan."

What utter drivel BT, why would anyone feel excluded by an English flag flying in England ? No one is forced to live in England, if they choose to do so, as millions of foreigners do, then clearly our flag holds no fears for them.

I lived in France for eight years, for all of that time the Tricolore flew over every public building, on July 14th they didn't just fly the Tricolore, every building was festooned with them, you couldn't move for them. Never once did I feel the flag was divisive, threatening or representing exclusion. I was living in France, the French were flying their national flag, it all seemed perfectly natural, why on earth wouldn't they ?

You do exist a a weird and wonderful world BT. You want to try the real one sometimes, where ordinary people aren't afraid of flags.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)