+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: St George's day

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Sorry lads, it was tongue in cheek!

BT asked if a comment he made was racist...I replied that actually two of his comments were.

For clarification I know that BT is NOT racist.

Carry on.
    i knew that 59/60,mine was tongue in cheek also..

No probs BT - it was intended as banter but I can see how it could have been seen to be a serious comment.

Feel the Love

Alf, I think we have all been on here long enough to realise that there are no racists on this board. (Tongue firmly OUT of cheek )

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Alf, I think we have all been on here long enough to realise that there are no racists on this board. (Tongue firmly OUT of cheek )
    I prefer to be called a Realist..

all just another twisted ruse in the name of the Church to help swell it's ranks (land and pocket) - championed by the likes of the venereal Bede after his intercourse with the Pope......therefore - is of no relevance for me.

I feel pretty much the same about these two Norder...

Attachment 9273

Oy, leave him alone. He is a Claret.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

Now jump in the car and drive down the A666 towards Darwen and on for a couple of miles towards Bolton. All you can see are the flags of St. George plastered all over the place.

Like I said, xenophobes and racists all celebrating our suppose Christian superiority on account of a dude who was born in the Middle East and was about as English as Donald Trump.

Strange times sinkov, strange times.
    You really do need to take the blinkers off BT and get out more, I can recommend a trip to Nelson on August 14th, where you will be able to join in the celebration of the anniversary of Pakistan's independence. You could join the Pakistani youths driving through the town centre at excessive speeds, lights on full, horns blaring, hanging out of their windows flying the green and white national flag of Pakistan. It's a great day out, you can park on double yellows, on zebra crossings, or stop in the middle of the road to chat for half an hour with your mates. You can do just as you please, because the local constabulary keep well out of sight, they don't interfere at all, so everyone can have a good time and enjoy themselves. But I wonder if you really would enjoy yourself, or would you consider these Pakistani youths, celebrating their countrie's independence, as racist xenophobes as well ? Or do you save your bile purely for us English ?

You have finally got it sinkov!

Welsh Nationalists (Plaid Cymru), our own vile BNP, Scotland's SNP, The Republic of Ireland's IRA who will murder to achieve a united Ireland, UK nationals who celebrate Pakistan's independence all unite under one flag.

Flags are divisive, they represent exclusion to other non-members of their tribe or clan. St George's Day flags are no different. It represents the white Christian civilizing mission of our imperialist, colonialist past.

No wonder the youths of Pakistan origin celebrate their forefather's release from the shackles of imperialism.

Ban the bloody lot of these symbols of nationalism and all rally under a new flag of Global Citizenship where everyone has an equal opportunity to live and thrive.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)