+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: BLADES make new signing

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    You can bet he will not be late delivering campaign leaflets for his new Tory party mates H,hobnobs with them nowadays in the H&P,and he has joined the Ringinglow Hunt
    They get more Corbynistas (mainly schoolteachers) than tories in the H&P nowadays.
    I go in there from time to time - but I choose my companions carefully and remain apolitical (and hate hunting).
    I’m sure Bully is equally discerning.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    They get more Corbynistas (mainly schoolteachers) than tories in the H&P nowadays.
    I go in there from time to time - but I choose my companions carefully and remain apolitical (and hate hunting).
    Takes me back to my schooldays in a roundabout way Ronnie.

When we were playing an away match, and we had to make our own way there on public transport in those days, we would ask the teacher, a Mr Ward, the best way to get there.

Unfailingly, whicever school we were playing at, he would give directions based on the local hostelries and the H&P sticks in my mind for that reason.It was a bit baffling when starting off in the under 12's but became useful as we progressed through the age groups.

I was told you could tell the character of a man by whether he navigated by pubs or churches.

Not Pete Ward was it?
    Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Takes me back to my schooldays in a roundabout way Ronnie.

When we were playing an away match, and we had to make our own way there on public transport in those days, we would ask the teacher, a Mr Ward, the best way to get there.

Unfailingly, whicever school we were playing at, he would give directions based on the local hostelries and the H&P sticks in my mind for that reason.It was a bit baffling when starting off in the under 12's but became useful as we progressed through the age groups.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    Not all the time Ronnie after all I do still speak to blocky in public (helps me remember where I came from so keeps my feet on the floor )

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    I was told you could tell the character of a man by whether he navigated by pubs or churches.
    I'd guess the majority on here navigate by pubs FKB I know I do

Quote Originally Posted by mahatmafoot View Post
    Not Pete Ward was it?
    It certainly was MHMF, how do you know him?

FKB, I'd struggle to get anywhere if I relied on my knowledge of church whereabouts.
    Last edited by tomytony; 26-04-2018 at 12:58 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234