+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thought I'd start thus one

Thought I'd start thus one

...as it's St George's Day.

How come Welsh teams compete in the EPL and EFL yet Scotish clubs control their own league and happily get on with it?

Wales have their own league. It used to be won by Barry Town a lot when I was younger, I'm not sure who wins it now.

Why don't Cardiff, Swansea, Wrexham, Newport play in this Welsh league too? It's all a bit confusing. And a tad irritating.

The Welsh are well renowned for disliking the English yet they are quite prepared to reap the riches from the English Premier League and the English Football League.

If anyone feels the need to jump on the racist bandwagon, feel free, this is merely a factual observation.

Thoughts?

Header should read "this"

Berwick Rangers FC

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    Berwick Rangers FC
    That's a geographical conundrum.

The clubs I talk about are definitely in a different country.

A little similar for Monaco...why don’t they play in their own league...or Barca in the Catalonian league and what about Atletico Bilbao they could play in the Basque league with Santander and I am sure the Italian serie A could be split in two different leagues..North and South.

Teams from the "Black Country" are allowed to play in English football,so why not from Wales ?

Interesting topic with some highly valuable ConTributions

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1959 View Post
    Interesting topic with some highly valuable ConTributions
    As you say Gaz interesting, Barry town you mentioned are where Laz and OTR with me were there in the summer. They are in the welsh premier league and in the playoffs for a place in the Europa league next season.

I'm feeling like a visit to the conTinent soon..lol

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    As you say Gaz interesting, Barry town you mentioned are where Laz and OTR with me were there in the summer. They are in the welsh premier league and in the playoffs for a place in the Europa league next season.
    Yes claw and I do recall a welsh club i had never heard of play in europe a few seasons back.

The answer to the question origonally asked is that there was no welsh league at the time when these clubs asked to join good ol england, at least that's what I thought / think is the case.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast