+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chesterfield & the Conference

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Didn’t Swansea under John Toshack do that in less time?
    Think you're right Brin. Three promotions in four years. Wimbledon also achieved this. Northampton and Swansea came straight back down and kept falling back to Division 4. Wimbledon of course stayed for several seasons and were a force to be reckoned with as well as FA Cup winners.

The only other team I could think of who have been promoted to and relegated from all five divisions (other than Luton) was Carlisle. They moved fairly quickly up to the premiership, stayed one season and came tumbling back down and eventually then spent a season in the Conference coming straight back up to League Two/Fourth Division.

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    What always made me wonder is why Macclesfield were not allowed in the league but it was ok for Chester to play there in the same league. I remmember we won, Duffield scored for us, early 90's.
    That is one that has baffled me as well.

I think it’s all very sad and I for one wish them well.

Had we not had our own knight in shining armour following the fiasco at Millmoor where would we have ended up?

There but for the grace of god & all that. You get some idiots at every club giving it large but it’s the fans who get the thin end of the wedge.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123