+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ambition.

Ambition.

Anyone who says rovers will be at their rightful place if they achieve regular midtable championship football can do one. Jack Walker never accepted that and no real Rovers fan would.

Our aim is the premier league. Promotion, if achieved tonight or whenever is a small part of what we want, not the be all and end all.

Not sure, personally. Obviously, it would be exciting to get to the PL, but I enjoy the football - it's not just a matter of the higher the better for me.
    In the PL, we would probably be in permanent battle to stay above the relegation zone - like about 15 other clubs. That, in itself, can be interesting, but in terms of enjoyable games, the Championship is much more likely to be the right level.

But you've done it again here, Saxo. Why the aggressive tone?
    Phrases like, "...can do one" and "...no real Rovers fan would" are completely unnecessary. You're basically saying, "Anyone who doesn't agree with me is not a true supporter." Absolute b*llocks.

I didn't swear..

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Not sure, personally. Obviously, it would be exciting to get to the PL, but I enjoy the football - it's not just a matter of the higher the better for me.
    In the PL, we would probably be in permanent battle to stay above the relegation zone - like about 15 other clubs. That, in itself, can be interesting, but in terms of enjoyable games, the Championship is much more likely to be the right level.

But you've done it again here, Saxo. Why the aggressive tone?
    Phrases like, "...can do one" and "...no real Rovers fan would" are completely unnecessary. You're basically saying, "Anyone who doesn't agree with me is not a true supporter." Absolute b*llocks.

This emanates from the fact he has been shown up. So he does what he knows best, antagonise, go in hard, look for an argument, in an attempt to get people talking about him again. This is (like 100% of his posts) to seek attention.

One minute he is saying we arent the best side in Div 1 with 'proven facts' then the next saying we should be a Prem side. Until we earn the right to play in that league, what a stupid comment.
    We have so much work to do over the summer, just to push on and have a half decent season next season, in the Champ.

Oh and don't forget, Saxo the guy talking about 'we should be in the Prem' is the same Saxo that has absolutely no faith we will go up this season (even now at this stage!!!!) doesnt think we will win tonight, or at Charlton, and will have to do it final game vrs Oxford........and we should be in the Prem in the next breath?? Confused?? I am ...yet again

I'm just getting at you champs, always you. Your so easy. Aucks is just caught in the line of fire. Collateral damage.

I mean, I actually know plenty of Rovers fans in REAL LIFE. Not a one of them goes round saying rovers are midtable championship side, unnaturally elevated to success by Jack Walker. Not a one.

The only fans I know who do that are fans of jealous potty little clubs, like say BURY.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)