+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Seriously, after the season just gone?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Sorry, but on this occasion "WTF" is the only response to your post. I said in a follow up post that I hadn't mentioned the "other" stuff about Myanmar, have you really not seen it?

Carry on like this and there won't be any f00ker who cares who we buy or what league we are in.
    the area we are playing in is not affected by the trouble and is not an area to avoid travelling too.

military crackdowns are seen as abhorrent in the West and rightly so (from the values we hold) but does that mean we boycott playing all nations with human rights violations. No games against Indonesia, China, Russia, India, Thailand, Iran, Iraq etc .... the list goes on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    the area we are playing in is not affected by the trouble and is not an area to avoid travelling too.

military crackdowns are seen as abhorrent in the West and rightly so (from the values we hold) but does that mean we boycott playing all nations with human rights violations. No games against Indonesia, China, Russia, India, Thailand, Iran, Iraq etc .... the list goes on and on.
    Jesus Christ fella, are you for real? I know we have had our differences but if you genuinely believe that in any Universe this decision is anything other than greedy, blood-soaked opportunism that NO Leeds fan can or should justify, then I think we won't be exchanging anything from here on.

Jesus Christ fella, are you for real? I know we have had our differences but if you genuinely believe that in any Universe this decision is anything other than greedy, blood-soaked opportunism that NO Leeds fan can or should justify, then I think we won't be exchanging anything from here on.
    I am not saying I agree with it or trying to justify it but pointing out there are many other repressive regimes around the world where trade and sporting events take place yet no-one bats an eyelid .... thus whilst I don’t agree with it I am not sure I am going to get hugely wound up by it no matter what my underlying feelings about it are as I am not go8ng to influence it.

the sense of perspective comment was also more about your description of how the players have performed in your view.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    I am not saying I agree with it or trying to justify it but pointing out there are many other repressive regimes around the world where trade and sporting events take place yet no-one bats an eyelid .... thus whilst I don’t agree with it I am not sure I am going to get hugely wound up by it no matter what my underlying feelings about it are as I am not go8ng to influence it.

the sense of perspective comment was also more about your description of how the players have performed in your view.
    Don't give a flying f00k about "other regimes"!!! THEY ARE NOT WHERE MY CLUB IS TOURING!!! Nor are they anything to do with my club owners commercial interests which he clearly puts above the long term.interests and reputation if Leeds United!!!

FFS man, when was that last time Amnesty International expressed surprise and doubts about ANY English club side going on tour ANYWHERE??????

And as.for the players and performance, if it looks like sh1t, smells like sh1t and feels like sh1t, then it's probably sh1t.

Can't believe your replies. When I asked for.anyone to try defending the club's action you were the last person I expected to try.

Don't give a flying f00k about "other regimes"!!! THEY ARE NOT WHERE MY CLUB IS TOURING!!! Nor are they anything to do with my club owners commercial interests which he clearly puts above the long term.interests and reputation if Leeds United!!!

FFS man, when was that last time Amnesty International expressed surprise and doubts about ANY English club side going on tour ANYWHERE??????

And as.for the players and performance, if it looks like sh1t, smells like sh1t and feels like sh1t, then it's probably sh1t.

Can't believe your replies. When I asked for.anyone to try defending the club's action you were the last person I expected to try.
    Not defending anything just not getting as wound up by it

Not worth giving yourself a cardiac arrest over it & as hopelessly said none of us will be able to have any infuence on this matter so it's probably best left alone.

do they have cheap beer there?

Just waiting for anyone, really, ANYONE, to try and defend this ludicrous decision.

Then again, maybe everyone has put me on "ignore". Don't care, on this issue there is no alternative position, none, end of.
    They have obviously been reading this forum, " How on earth do we stop we stop that negative one from the forum following us this summer, he attends every single game, hang on a minute, I might just have an idea about that..."

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    They have obviously been reading this forum, " How on earth do we stop we stop that negative one from the forum following us this summer, he attends every single game, hang on a minute, I might just have an idea about that..."
    Nice.attempt at humour, just didn't work (for me at least).

Quote Originally Posted by costa_blanca_white View Post
    Not worth giving yourself a cardiac arrest over it & as hopelessly said none of us will be able to have any infuence on this matter so it's probably best left alone.
    No cardiac here, and I agree we are powerless as individuals.

So as with just about everything, despite public pronouncements to the contrary, the owner gives no thought to the impact of his decisions in fans, just so long as his commercial interests are advanced. ALAW? Are we f00k.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)