+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Seriously, after the season just gone?

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post

Most of us commented on your comments re players and the team and stuck away from the politics until dragged into it by you having a go as in my case. Are you a judge - I suspect not - are you a politician in an elected role with a mandate to comment - again I suspect not - are you a member of the United Nations - ditto.

It is clear you have a view this and feel strongly AND wish to express it - fair enough. No one has to answer to you and if people don’t want to discuss the politics then that is their choice surely?
    Not a judge, nor a politician, wouldn't want to be either.

Very few commented on the player performance and none suggested the tour shouldn't go ahead on that basis, which is a shame, because that was what I was initially referring to and was (I had hoped) enough to create a bit of discussion. As it is, the players are being rewarded with a trip to the sunshine (remember the trip to sunny Spain to get the players motivated, worked well didn't it??), after a pi55 poor performance for the whole of 2018 at least.

Didn't suggest anyone should answer tome, just to their consciences in supporting a blatantly commercial activity by our club owner which is of no short or long term benefit to Leeds United, only to the owner, by arranging for tour of a country that is next to North Korea and Yemen on the list of genocidal states, nice one.

And as said earlier, I suspect there are many other supporters who feel similarly,, they just aren't on Footymad

Religion is overrated WTF, had some relevence in the middle ages, thats about it. If people dont kill each other over religion, itll be over something else, its what humans do, we are genetically programmed to kill each other, though these days your "trendy" views of tiptapping around the poor persecuted Muslims are more in fashion i suppose......whatever floats your boat, ****all to do with football though.

"North Korea and Yemen on the list of genocidal states" You dont include great Britain in that? thought you would be one of these Corbynist types who wants to pull down all the statues of Britains great past, you know, cos its in fashion.....

Quote Originally Posted by BenidormBlanco View Post
    Religion is overrated WTF, had some relevence in the middle ages, thats about it. If people dont kill each other over religion, itll be over something else, its what humans do, we are genetically programmed to kill each other, though these days your "trendy" views of tiptapping around the poor persecuted Muslims are more in fashion i suppose......whatever floats your boat, ****all to do with football though.
    You're a real piece of work you are. I don't have particular time for any religion, nor do I suggest they should all be done way with, we would find other reasons to hate and kill if they were.

FYI, my dad was blown up when the St Davids hotel was bombed by the Irgun in 1946, lost a leg and was invalided out of the Royal Engineers, my uncle was there (Palestine) at the same time and was shot and killed by an arab gunman the same year. I served in the forces for 15 years in the mid-70's and had some involvement with similar "next generation" folks here and abroad. Doesn't make me anti-muslim, anglican, protestant, catholic, methodist, jewish, or any other, it does makes me anti-terrorist, you should try and establish the difference.

Of course, on one level you are right, we kill each other with remarkable regularity and in all kind of inventive ways, but killing per se has nothing to do with the current situation regarding Leeds United and Myanmar.

The "poor persecuted muslims"..... I take it you are encompassing within that statement the 700,000 human beings forced out, terrorised (see how I worked that in there), by their own "government", with women systematically raped (fact) children burned alive in the places they used to call home (fact), simply because they are not of the mainstream Buddhist religion?

Up until the decision by Radrizzani to arrange for a wholly "commercially" focussed tour of that country, you're right (in one context) that it had nothing to do with (Leeds) football. Now it has a very great deal to do with that.

Care to hazard a guess at how many times Amnesty International has queried a tour by any professional football team from the UK? Never. Care to hazard a guess when a shadow cabinet minister has publicly condemned a tour by any professional football team from the UK? Never. Care to hazard a guess as to how many countries described by the United Nations as being CURRENTLY responsible for ethnic cleansing, have been toured by a UK professional football team? None.

Great precedents our club owner is setting, scraping the moral barrel, makes you proud to be a Leeds fan

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    You're a real piece of work you are. I don't have particular time for any religion, nor do I suggest they should all be done way with, we would find other reasons to hate and kill if they were.

FYI, my dad was blown up when the St Davids hotel was bombed by the Irgun in 1946, lost a leg and was invalided out of the Royal Engineers, my uncle was there (Palestine) at the same time and was shot and killed by an arab gunman the same year. I served in the forces for 15 years in the mid-70's and had some involvement with similar "next generation" folks here and abroad. Doesn't make me anti-muslim, anglican, protestant, catholic, methodist, jewish, or any other, it does makes me anti-terrorist, you should try and establish the difference.

Of course, on one level you are right, we kill each other with remarkable regularity and in all kind of inventive ways, but killing per se has nothing to do with the current situation regarding Leeds United and Myanmar.

The "poor persecuted muslims"..... I take it you are encompassing within that statement the 700,000 human beings forced out, terrorised (see how I worked that in there), by their own "government", with women systematically raped (fact) children burned alive in the places they used to call home (fact), simply because they are not of the mainstream Buddhist religion?

Up until the decision by Radrizzani to arrange for a wholly "commercially" focussed tour of that country, you're right (in one context) that it had nothing to do with (Leeds) football. Now it has a very great deal to do with that.

Care to hazard a guess at how many times Amnesty International has queried a tour by any professional football team from the UK? Never. Care to hazard a guess when a shadow cabinet minister has publicly condemned a tour by any professional football team from the UK? Never. Care to hazard a guess as to how many countries described by the United Nations as being CURRENTLY responsible for ethnic cleansing, have been toured by a UK professional football team? None.

Great precedents our club owner is setting, scraping the moral barrel, makes you proud to be a Leeds fan
    I might not agree with everything you've ever written, but you're spot on with your arguments about this tour of Myanmar.

You'd be hard pressed to find more than a handful of other countries that would be worse choices at this moment in time.

Hopefully the club will change their decision, although the damage has already been done.

I'm sure there are few safety concerns for the players or travelling supporters (there will be some), but that isn't the point.

Some things are more important than football or profit.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Every time you post you embarrass yourself, really you do.

"Xenphobic attitude"....err, suggesting we shouldn't tour a country where a minority muslim community is being ethnically cleansed = "xenophobia". Either get yourself a dictionary, (and use it), don't drink to excess when replying to one of my posts, or both.
    Think it's you that needs the dictionary brains .

Just hoping this seemingly "unacceptable" decision is the final nail in the coffin for you boring miserable bigoted LUFC views

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybn View Post
    Think it's you that needs the dictionary brains .

Just hoping this seemingly "unacceptable" decision is the final nail in the coffin for you boring miserable bigoted LUFC views
    Great comeback Jimmy, (irrelevant and completely misplaced). As for "bigoted", you get yourself back in that dictionary, you need it..

And in the "final nail", have a crack at getting responses to the tour from the thousands of.muslims who support Leeds, see how xenophobic and bigoted you find yourself.

"You'd be hard pressed to find more than a handful of other countries that would be worse choices at this moment in time".

USA perhaps?

"but killing per se has nothing to do with the current situation regarding Leeds United and Myanmar".

Rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by BenidormBlanco View Post
    "You'd be hard pressed to find more than a handful of other countries that would be worse choices at this moment in time".

USA perhaps?
    Have you seen the MLS?

I guess there could be an extremely tenuous argument for excluding the US, but any ethnic cleansing (at least within the country) is far more subtle in the scheme of things.

You couldn't even play in an English league, if you carried along with that argument.

The point is that the problems in Myanmar are totally in the face and ongoing - with time and pressure, I'm sure it will sort itself out (hello Germany!), but now?!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)