+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seriously, after the season just gone?

Seriously, after the season just gone?

The club are "delighted" to announce that they will be paying for an all-expenses paid holiday (sorry, tour), of Myanmar, that mecca of world football, in order to "continue with the rehabilitation" of the crocks (Sorry, injured players), brought in my the Ronald McDonald of football recruitment (sorry, Leeds DoF), in order to do what exactly?

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/tea...our-in-myanmar

After this season, with the disgraceful performances of the majority of the players in the 1st team squad, they should be on boot camp regime for the duration of the close season, and if fitness can't be achieved, so what, it would hardly have made any difference if the whole season had gone by without ANY being injured.

Rub in, Salt, wounds, re-arrange into a familiar (for Leeds fans) mantra.

And I didn't mention all the "good things" about Myanmar, but from what is being reported (and the reaction), looks like I didn't need to.

The idiocy smacks of the "new badge" debacle, but this time it's serious! 👹

Just waiting for anyone, really, ANYONE, to try and defend this ludicrous decision.

Then again, maybe everyone has put me on "ignore". Don't care, on this issue there is no alternative position, none, end of.

Blood money.....

"Two companies owned by Leeds chairman Andrea Radrizzani, Aser and Eleven Sports, have business partnerships in the region and there are expected to be commercial benefits from the tour."

Disgusting, lower than ANY previous owner, INCLUDING Bates.

How can the club expect Leeds fans to wear the colours when doing so can be seen as following a club that supports ethic cleansing, dictatorship, appalling human rights across the who of the population.

Used to get a friendly thumbs up from rival fans when in town, or on the train, in the car (number plate has the badge and the Kop cat on the rear parcel shelf). Now, whether its genuine or taking advantage of our clubs stupidity, I suspect the reaction will be different from this very same rival fans.

Chr1st, Wonga on the shirt would be preferable!

Ethic cleansing seemed a quite appropriate slip of the keyboard finger.

Not followed up on this myself, but Myanmar wouldn't have been in my top ten list of places for a preseason football tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    Ethic cleansing seemed a quite appropriate slip of the keyboard finger.

Not followed up on this myself, but Myanmar wouldn't have been in my top ten list of places for a preseason football tour.
    Freudian slip? Maybe, but as you say, apposite to say the least.

Corporate suicide springs to mind

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    The club are "delighted" to announce that they will be paying for an all-expenses paid holiday (sorry, tour), of Myanmar, that mecca of world football, in order to "continue with the rehabilitation" of the crocks (Sorry, injured players), brought in my the Ronald McDonald of football recruitment (sorry, Leeds DoF), in order to do what exactly?

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/tea...our-in-myanmar

After this season, with the disgraceful performances of the majority of the players in the 1st team squad, they should be on boot camp regime for the duration of the close season, and if fitness can't be achieved, so what, it would hardly have made any difference if the whole season had gone by without ANY being injured.

Rub in, Salt, wounds, re-arrange into a familiar (for Leeds fans) mantra.
    i think we need to get things in perspective - the season has been disappointing but we are and will finish mid table. It’s football and the players don’t deliberately set out to lose.

owners first real season, some positives, some negatives, far too many players unavailable and lots of mistakes but onwards and upwards. Year one is always testing the plan and recalibrating it now need to see if the lessons from these season have been identified and taken on board.

Looking forward to see who we sign and even more so who gets promoted from TA

I don't think I've ever wished more than I do right now that I didn't support this club.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    i think we need to get things in perspective - the season has been disappointing but we are and will finish mid table. It’s football and the players don’t deliberately set out to lose.

owners first real season, some positives, some negatives, far too many players unavailable and lots of mistakes but onwards and upwards. Year one is always testing the plan and recalibrating it now need to see if the lessons from these season have been identified and taken on board.

Looking forward to see who we sign and even more so who gets promoted from TA
    Sorry, but on this occasion "WTF" is the only response to your post. I said in a follow up post that I hadn't mentioned the "other" stuff about Myanmar, have you really not seen it?

Carry on like this and there won't be any f00ker who cares who we buy or what league we are in.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)