+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transfer talk1

Well some one at your club must have thought he was alright, or he would not have been purchased. Not really got to grips with this transfer business have they. Who was that player you sold to us? As I recall he did quite well, scoring a few goals and gaining several England caps. Deemed not good enough to play for West Brom.

He was that good he never played top flight football

So playing for your country is not considered 'top flight football'? You learn something everyday.

Today we are being linked with another player from Portugal. Ricardo Horta, currently with Braga is 23 years old and is reported to be very good with close ball control and has scored 12 goals and made 8 assists this season. A fee of £4.5 million is being mentioned.

The latest goalkeeper being linked to the club by one of the red tops is Joe Hart. He is being priced at £5 million. His name has been mentioned in dispatches, but I think this may be the first British paper to link him.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    So playing for your country is not considered 'top flight football'? You learn something everyday.
    Don't be an idiot he never played in the top league

Quote Originally Posted by Palmeras View Post
    Weren't sandwell in the top flight when he scored 2 goals in 5 games or something like that?

Edit: 2 in 4 games.
    Last edited by Newcy Wolf; 25-05-2018 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmeras View Post
    A very sad and worn out Baggies argument. The fact that he played for England without being in a level one team makes his level of achievement even better! I can tell you that Abbo is far from being an idiot so control what you are saying. From where I am sitting you appear to be the idiot and seem to be constantly promoting yourself as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Woking88 View Post
    A very sad and worn out Baggies argument. The fact that he played for England without being in a level one team makes his level of achievement even better! I can tell you that Abbo is far from being an idiot so control what you are saying. From where I am sitting you appear to be the idiot and seem to be constantly promoting yourself as such.
    Woking, I'm sure it was in the top flight when he played for them.

Newcy. 1985-86 He played one game for them in Division One and did not score - Albion were relegated that season, finishing bottom (again). 1986-87 he played 3 matches in the Today League Division Two (Championship equivalent), scoring twice. So he did play in the top League, maybe only once, but that clearly shows that Palmeras doesn't know what he is talking about!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)