+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man v Fat Football

Man v Fat Football

Hi Guys,

My apologies that this isn't strictly on the topic of West Brom, but i wanted to send this out to any West Brom fans out there that are interested in playing competitive football whilst also focusing on shedding a few pounds.

If you are, then you may be interested in the Man v Fat football leagues that run locally to Wolverhampton.

The closest league currently is played on a Tuesday Evening at the Walsall Campus of Wolverhampton University on Gorway Road from 8pm to 10pm.

This is a fantastic league, full of down to earth lads, all with different ability levels, and different weight goals.

The league doesn't just measure you based on results on the pitch, but off the pitch too, so losing weight can gift your team goals.

It is a fantastic programme, and we would love to see all footie fans down there.

If you are interested, please feel free to message me directly or visit the web link

https://manvfatfootball.org/walsall

Again sorry this is off topic, but i hope some of you guys might be interested.

B

Myself, albionic68 and prando cant take part cus they aint fat. I doubt there are many fatties on here anyway, try wolves mad

Quote Originally Posted by Manvfat View Post
    Hi Guys,

My apologies that this isn't strictly on the topic of West Brom, but i wanted to send this out to any West Brom fans out there that are interested in playing competitive football whilst also focusing on shedding a few pounds.

If you are, then you may be interested in the Man v Fat football leagues that run locally to Wolverhampton.

The closest league currently is played on a Tuesday Evening at the Walsall Campus of Wolverhampton University on Gorway Road from 8pm to 10pm.

This is a fantastic league, full of down to earth lads, all with different ability levels, and different weight goals.

The league doesn't just measure you based on results on the pitch, but off the pitch too, so losing weight can gift your team goals.

It is a fantastic programme, and we would love to see all footie fans down there.

If you are interested, please feel free to message me directly or visit the web link

B
    Way past my bed time Man .

My legs have gone, would just love to play one more game.

Most of us were born in the 50's Man, almost too old to manage let alone play.
    Good idea though, hope you have success with it.

Many of us are nowhere near the area. Added to that the ages of those on here and I doubt you will get many takers.
    Good luck with the project though, sounds a good idea.
    Cheers Chris, Gloucester, 62, 10 stone 8 lbs.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies and well wishes. Honestly though please don't be put off by age, our average age at the moment is around 42. Our oldest players are in their late fifties. Its a great community. There are leagues in West Brom i believe as well.

Age ain't nothing but a number ;-)

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies and well wishes. Honestly though please don't be put off by age, our average age at the moment is around 42. Our oldest players are in their late fifties. Its a great community. There are leagues in West Brom i believe as well.

Age ain't nothing but a number ;-)
    You could try the Stoke page I hear they have a overweight player who can't get into the team

Quote Originally Posted by splinter View Post
    You could try the Stoke page I hear they have a overweight player who can't get into the team
    Nice one splinter

Hi Guys,

B

There's a saddo that comes on here from Dinglehampton who pretends he's an avid and frequent supporter but alas, he needs an A to Z to find his first stadium. This fat school boy may relish loosing a few pounds so try the Dingle board although put the subject title in upper case letters to try and deflect from the thread - "today's other games" which was going when Stevie Bull played for Tipton Town!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)