+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Leeds Utd to tour Myanmar.

Leeds Utd to tour Myanmar.

Can the club make the players go,because I for one would tell them no thanks.

On sky sports earlier, some fans are disgusted by it.

Clearly the new owners weren’t getting enough attention.

Why? is it a bad thing?

apparently the new owner has a big company based in myanmar and he who pays the piper etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Why? is it a bad thing?
    Ethnic cleansing

Horrible government, just like Russia supporting governments accused of chemical attacks on their own people. Yet we are still going to the World Cup. Qatar World Cup after, also accused of human rights abuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Why? is it a bad thing?
    Yes I've seen the reports but not convinced that they are truly unbiased.

But let's accept that they are.

You can Google Myanmar holidays and you will see that loads of reputable companies are going there. So it's hardly a war zone.

Yes you can boycott the place based on the info you've been fed, that's your right. However yet again football is being used as a vehicle to further a political cause or fan the flames of some social outrage.

Let Leeds go there and let their fans decide whether or not they will follow. I suspect 99% of them would still go.

Time to stop the trolls of the twittersphere using football as free media exposure.

True or not about cleansing it’s still on the risk list and yes it’s up to people to make their own minds up

It’s just an attention thing with Leeds (did same with badge) when it’s all died down then I suspect there will be another attention seeking story in the summer