+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hooliganism in Russia

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Putin will do nothing. Go there at your own risk.
    I concur with Soccerman and "crazyfists". God forbid you might come back pregnant, and Putin will do nothing but give a sideways grin! Heathens, the lot of them. They know no God!

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I'd put ANTIFA in England shirts. Then they might get a better understanding of what they preach lol
    Plus if anyone queried what was going on we could just say we were the Anti-FA.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    In reality, this activity has a very loose association with football, by their own admission, many do not even go inside stadia let alone watch football.
    Well yes it does say that in the article, the interviewee has been inside a stadium 5 times in 10 years.

Welcome back by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    Given that the article shows the thugs are attached to far-right opposition politicians, who in the even that "something like the Ukrainian revolution might happen here, and that, if it does, the rightwing hooligans will take to the streets against the authorities," your sarcastic attempt to implicate Putin is rather juvenile. By lumping him and the Russian state together with the far-right opposition and their thugs (which the article clearly shows the government is attempting to crack down on), it betrays that you really can't tell one Russian from another. I.e. you are the one suffering from Russo-phobia! But that's not really news to anybody.

Next!
    You could say juvenile, I think a more accurate term is Russophobic. Luckily you and UTM are on hand to provide the voice of reason.

I'm glad to see you recognise the legitimacy of the article at least, you normally say it's NATO propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Italian thugs left somebody in a critical condition last night. Last week, South African hooligans made a sickening attack on a steward (Kaiser Chiefs). Imagine the headlines if it had been Russians!
    They're clearly not to be messed with though, anybody going out there to get p!SSed up and provoke them with daft chants is asking for it. It will be a relief if England and Poland get knocked out and sent home as soon as possible.
    I watched a 30 minute interview with Sergei Lavrov once, around the time that Russian air raids were causing a lot of civilian casualties with dumb bombs. His defence was essentially that collateral damage was a phrase coined by the USA and so he used that argument to avoid entering into any significant discussion about Russian actions.

Anyway, every country has hooligans, you are right. Personally I don't remember the president of AS Roma with a smirk on his face questioning how a small group of Roma fans could do anything against thousands of Liverpool fans, or the mayor of Rome saying that fighting is good and Liverpool fans should be more masculine.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Putin will do nothing. Go there at your own risk.
    Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    I concur with Soccerman and "crazyfists". God forbid you might come back pregnant, and Putin will do nothing but give a sideways grin! Heathens, the lot of them. They know no God!
    Eh? Russia has a serious problem with hooligans who instead of using their fists will try stab you with knives. They're also far right and racist. It's nothing to do with Russiaphobia, it's the fact that you may run into more trouble there as an Englishman than you can handle seeing as they seem intent on showing us the English aren't as hard as we make out. You reduce to some pathetic gag about Putin making you pregnant when foreign hooliganism is rampant and shows a level of violence long since faded from our hooligans hayday.

I live in Leeds and remember when their two fans got stabbed and they weren't looking for trouble, same as I should imagine that Liverpool fan from Ireland wasn't either but you'd probably make another childish remark to their families.

I'm sick of the English always getting the sh!tty end of the stick and all the blame when it's been shown time and again that hooliganism abroad is violent and on the increase plus we're seen as everyones proving ground.

I used to think you're alright Andy but the above comments I'd expect from a twelve year old. You've lumped everything in with Russiaphobia when it's nothing of the case, amazingly some people don't give two ****s about loads of self important men dick swinging to no real end. It was the same with Trump v Kim, everyone getting sweaty about it and guess what? **** all happened. Maybe English fans are just concerned about getting put in a Russian hospital and not shagging Putin?

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Eh? Russia has a serious problem with hooligans who instead of using their fists will try stab you with knives. They're also far right and racist. It's nothing to do with Russiaphobia, it's the fact that you may run into more trouble there as an Englishman than you can handle seeing as they seem intent on showing us the English aren't as hard as we make out. You reduce to some pathetic gag about Putin making you pregnant when foreign hooliganism is rampant and shows a level of violence long since faded from our hooligans hayday.

I live in Leeds and remember when their two fans got stabbed and they weren't looking for trouble, same as I should imagine that Liverpool fan from Ireland wasn't either but you'd probably make another childish remark to their families.

I'm sick of the English always getting the sh!tty end of the stick and all the blame when it's been shown time and again that hooliganism abroad is violent and on the increase plus we're seen as everyones proving ground.

I used to think you're alright Andy but the above comments I'd expect from a twelve year old. You've lumped everything in with Russiaphobia when it's nothing of the case, amazingly some people don't give two ****s about loads of self important men dick swinging to no real end. It was the same with Trump v Kim, everyone getting sweaty about it and guess what? **** all happened. Maybe English fans are just concerned about getting put in a Russian hospital and not shagging Putin?
    Whoosh! (That's the sound of my last comment flying over your head).

Look at the comment that Soccerman was replying to.

Bad Russia and Putin - for funneling weapons and off-duty troops into the Russian-speaking eastern half of the Ukraine
    Bad bad Russia - for steaming into Crimea so that they hold their port on the Black Sea and deter NATO from expanding it's vice-like grip of Russian borders
    https://www.foreignaffairs.com/artic...in-took-crimea
    Really bad Russia - for supporting Assad whilst the West sat on it's hands, supported proxy armies and allowed ISIS to get stronger.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...resident-assad

Good USA, UK, and the West in general - for toppling Libya and Iraq and causing mayhem, millions displaced, 100s of thousands dead. Supports a brutal Salafist regime in Saudi that regularly drops Western bombs on wedding parties and never bats a collective eyelid when Israeli snipers kill Arab children that dare to go near their border posts
    https://electronicintifada.net/blogs...neral-confirms

So in summary, it is fine for the West to go around the middle-east doing exactly what it wants, but as soon as Putin says "whoa, hold on a cotton-picking minute" and gets involved in ex-Russian countries or Syria where it has long held influence, it is all of a sudden a pariah state run by a mad dictator......pot, kettle, black

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Bad Russia and Putin - for funneling weapons and off-duty troops into the Russian-speaking eastern half of the Ukraine
    Bad bad Russia - for steaming into Crimea so that they hold their port on the Black Sea and deter NATO from expanding it's vice-like grip of Russian borders

Really bad Russia - for supporting Assad whilst the West sat on it's hands, supported proxy armies and allowed ISIS to get stronger.

Good USA, UK, and the West in general - for toppling Libya and Iraq and causing mayhem, millions displaced, 100s of thousands dead. Supports a brutal Salafist regime in Saudi that regularly drops Western bombs on wedding parties and never bats a collective eyelid when Israeli snipers kill Arab children that dare to go near their border posts

So in summary, it is fine for the West to go around the middle-east doing exactly what it wants, but as soon as Putin says "whoa, hold on a cotton-picking minute" and gets involved in ex-Russian countries or Syria where it has long held influence, it is all of a sudden a pariah state run by a mad dictator......pot, kettle, black
    Let's see how you feel if he does it to one of the Baltic countries which are Nato members.

There are big populations of non native speaking Russians in Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia. They don't speak the local language, live in Russian enclaves, in some cases, enormous areas, separate from the natives and even 2nd and 3rd gen, consider themselves Russian.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post

Wow, Lavrov would be proud. A couple of logic-based objections from this rabid Russophobe:

If you really believe that people who criticise Russia think that everything the West does is perfect, you're either mistaken or in bad faith.

Feel free to open an OT thread about any of the issues you raised around Western foreign policy, the one about Gaza should be entertaining as you try to take the moral high ground over Israeli snipers shooting people you have repeatedly said you despise (and worse).

Have you any idea how chaotic the world would be if invading other countries was justifiable on the basis of people there speaking the same language or of once being part of the same empire? It's a truly absurd position to take.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast