+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seems a bit stupid

Seems a bit stupid

To go on tour somewhere it could endanger fans lives..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43877716

If fans choose.to go that's one thing, going on tour to a country that is actively engaged in ethnic cleansing and whos government has suppressed human rights for decades just to bolster your commercial interests outside Leeds United is a sign of moral corruption on the part.of our owner.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    If fans choose.to go that's one thing, going on tour to a country that is actively engaged in ethnic cleansing and whos government has suppressed human rights for decades just to bolster your commercial interests outside Leeds United is a sign of moral corruption on the part.of our owner.
    Yes, I have to agree entirely with you on that WTF.. Seems pretty sad to me going to a place like that ..

What on earth makes you think they ever gave the fans a passing thought?

Quote Originally Posted by Silentman View Post
    What on earth makes you think they ever gave the fans a passing thought?
    True, was it always so?

Mental decision.

Lets be honest though how many of you genuinely knew what was going on there before this announcement?

Going there is not an issue in the slightest infact it can help solve the problem and atrocity that is going on (in parts, not all) of Myanmar, what issues like this need sadly is publicity which leads to public uproar which leads to action being taken and whether or not their intentions are financial this can only help to solve the plight.

Now, if Leeds United go there, play games, come home and do nothing then it is a wasted opportunity. If they go there, help kids, raise awareness and build strong bonds then as far as I'm concerned it is positive.

I know people love to hit the moral outrage button as soon as possible but this tour in no way helps the people committing the atrocity, we are not going there to raise money for them or support them and why should the kids and regular people in that country be denied what for them will be quite a big deal.

Sums it up for me that most people are bothered about 'our fans' who can choose to go, they don't have to whereas the people living there have no choice and I'm sure if you ask them they'd quite like us to come over. Whilst claiming it is some deep rooted worry for the actual people being killed and made to feel parts of the country. This will be good for the people of Myanmar in many ways.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Lets be honest though how many of you genuinely knew what was going on there before this announcement?

Going there is not an issue in the slightest infact it can help solve the problem and atrocity that is going on (in parts, not all) of Myanmar, what issues like this need sadly is publicity which leads to public uproar which leads to action being taken and whether or not their intentions are financial this can only help to solve the plight.

Now, if Leeds United go there, play games, come home and do nothing then it is a wasted opportunity. If they go there, help kids, raise awareness and build strong bonds then as far as I'm concerned it is positive.

I know people love to hit the moral outrage button as soon as possible but this tour in no way helps the people committing the atrocity, we are not going there to raise money for them or support them and why should the kids and regular people in that country be denied what for them will be quite a big deal.

Sums it up for me that most people are bothered about 'our fans' who can choose to go, they don't have to whereas the people living there have no choice and I'm sure if you ask them they'd quite like us to come over. Whilst claiming it is some deep rooted worry for the actual people being killed and made to feel parts of the country. This will be good for the people of Myanmar in many ways.
    You have some valid points - but based on the coverage I've heard/seen/read here it just seems a little too soon for my liking.

It will be interesting to see how the club goes forward on this one, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post

Id have thought anybody with half a brain knew what was going on out there with all the media coverage over the last year Joel..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)